Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Fall

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 30, 2014

After a space explorer falls from orbit and is rendered either unconscious or dead, the AI system that runs his armour takes direct control of the suit to try and find her partner some medical help.

A Duder's Perspective: The Fall

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The first indie game chosen for the Duder's Perspective is The Fall. Really looking forward to everyone's reactions on Sunday (7/19)!

Want to find out more about the Duder's Perspective Book Club check it out HERE

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

On paper, this is something that I should really enjoy, but I haven't felt the motivation to play it. Hopefully this thread will change that.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

You should attach this to the page for "The Fall" because I had no idea what game that is and its name is incredibly generic.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@bollard said:

You should attach this to the page for "The Fall" because I had no idea what game that is and its name is incredibly generic.

This thread has been moved. Remember that if you publish a forum topic related to a single game to publish that topic on that game's wiki forum.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Did anyone play this? I got caught up in my fervor for Contradiction and failed to finish The Fall in time to discuss it today... perhaps I am not alone?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@whitegreyblack: I didn't play it either :( I've been on a bit of an X-COM binge recently...

I did want to, but I don't want to feel like I'm forcing myself to play something.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beachthunder: That's totally understandable.

I'm hoping to have time to finish The Fall this week (maybe even today if I find a few hours to sit down with it), if anyone wants to discuss it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By Slag

Well I played it at the end of last year or so, so I can certainly talk shop with anyone who did play it.

I really love this game, it made my personal GotY list. I hope ppl do play it!

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished it today. It's a neat game and I enjoyed it. I was not a big fan of the controls (shine your gun light on things to discover & interact).

They heavily alluded to the end "twist" earlier in the game so it was pretty anti-climactic for me.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to play it immediately after the GOTY discussions, not sure if any new content has since been added or not but I really enjoyed it.

My mind just wasn't getting a few puzzles so I had to get some tips, but overall great game.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#11  Edited By Slag

@whitegreyblack: Yeah it really wasn't a shocker, but I felt the reveal was handled very well and left me really wanting to play future episodes that they hinted will be coming.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whitegreyblack

@slag: Yeah I agree - the reveal and what ARID says was well-delivered and I am very interested to see what Part 2 has in store.

Overall this is a pretty short n' sweet game.

jazzylament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By jazzylament

I enjoyed my time with it, but I feel that I was largely focused on the mystery and atmosphere when I played it the first time through. Playing it again made me realize how the majority of the gameplay was pretty basic adventure fare, down to the point of frustration where "REALLY? Using item X with item Y isn't the solution? But it makes sense! In my head!" situations came up once or twice, notably near the...I'd say 1.5 hour mark? I think the most interesting elements of that game surface when both the thematic elements and the puzzle elements intersect naturally, such as those puzzles which require you to activate ARID's locked functionality. Those are the most memorable, visually unique, and powerful moments in the game, I feel. But there is too much...'adventure gameness' between them. I know a lot of people complain about the shooting segments, but they are generally benign. They didn't play great, but at least it broke up the pacing a bit and gave the game a sense of danger.

That being said, I reaaaaally want to know more about the world the game has created. I'm really looking forward to what a sequel to this game looks like. We know the developers can nail the atmosphere and...mooost of the dialogue, I just hope next time the pacing and gameplay elements will be different/better.

Actually, at this point I hope that there even WILL be a part 2! Hopefully the Giant Bomb GOTY award gets them some "oomph" when negotiating with investors. I remember meeting one of the devs at PAX Prime 2014, and mentioning that I had picked up on the Humble Bundle, and he very candidly said "Yeaaah, we still don't know if that was a good deal or not". Here's hoping it was!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it. Puzzle solutions were fairly straight-forward although I was very much not seeing the wood for the trees in some scenarios. I thought the story was pretty sound but the abrupt ending doesn't do the game any favours until episode two comes along, if at all. Combat definitely didn't feel great and you could just wait it out til your life and shields recharge which felt like a compromise in lieu of a better combat system. But this game's got a dark heart to it which I quite like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.