Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Fast and The Furious

Franchise »

The Fast and The Furious franchise is comprised of games based on the movie franchise of the same name.

How are you watching the F&F movies?

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

So I've heard nothing but good, good things about the Films and 40s podcast project thing. ESPECIALLY good is the talk about the Fast and the Furious one. Those of you that have watched it, how did you acquire it? Did you just have it? Did you rent it off Apple Movies or Amazon or whatever? Yes I know it would be inexpensive to buy the DVD but do people really do that anymore?

Mod Edit:

Just a reminder that discussion and endorsement of piracy is against forum rules. x

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've just been renting them from Amazon Video as I go. It's $4 for the HD rental. I get $4 worth of entertainment out of each podcast. Probably not the cheapest way, but it's the most convenient.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... I have the F&F series blu-ray box set...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Amazon, though Tokyo Drift wasn't available to rent so I found a buddy with the DVD. Why it's not available, I still don't know.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I own 3 through 6 on Amazon Video. I haven't started Films and 40s yet due to time and not owning the first two movies, but when I do go through those movies I will just continue to buy the ones I don't own through Amazon.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about buying the blu-ray set from a sale, but I'd never watch those movies again and I already have a pile of dvds taking space that I'd just like to burn in a bonfire, so really didn't want to add to it.

By a *very* crazy chance, one channel over here in Finland began showing the F&F movies on the very friday the first podcast dropped and are showing them all the way to the 6th movie. But since it's on a tv and on a channel that has a commercial break like every 20 minutes, I didn't want to go on a whole "play-pause-play-pause" routine, when I'm already having trouble with the syncing.

So I've just been renting them from a streaming service. But I've still had luck with discounts and some free coupons, so I've only paid 2,32€ so far of the four movies. I can still get 5 and 7 for free, but the sixth one I have to pay for. It's probably gonna come around to 6€ or so, which I think is just about right of seven F&F movies.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

...Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

mjhwwbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just brought the blu-ray box set. This way I know I have the same versions as them and there will be no sync issues through buffering or different play speeds. From what I can find out the PAL(?) DVD versions will play at a slower speed so just be aware of that if it might effect you.

I did have a few of the films already on various formats but it ended up being cheaper to buy the entire lot rather than acquire the ones I didn't have individually. I brought the box set on Amazon.

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rented it from Amazon Video for €4 , because neither Netflix nor Prime Video have the old F&F movies in their (free) catalogue. This actually saved me money, as I realized I will never use my Nextflix subscription before stranger things season 2 is out, so i cancelled it.

So TFatF actually made me money, I will spend on more TFatF shenanigans. Yay!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10 chaser324  Moderator

I already owned all of them on Amazon Video, so that's been how I've been watching along with Film & 40s. Judging from the other replies, it seems like Amazon Video is a pretty popular option overall.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

@onemanarmyy said:

...Are you a cop? You have to tell me if you are.

I may have a mustache but I'm not a cop.

Yeah I figured Amazon video was the way to go.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm not a cop, but I am a moderator. Please keep in mind that the forum rules prohibit discussions of piracy, and that does include posts that might be seen as endorsing or encouraging piracy.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already owned them on Blu Ray, because they are incredible.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the blu-ray box set for 20$, so I decided to go that route instead of renting them.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know they were on Amazon video. Really should've checked, as that's how I went with the Commando one. Whelp I know what I'm doing tonight.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the 1-7 box set on BD for £20 from Amazon, the main feature for the first film is 01:46:50 in length including the Universal logo which fades out at 22 secs. I've only watched the first film so far and I don't remember needing to adjust the GB commentary for it to make sense.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whose asking...

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I already had the blu-ray box set of the first five films. (I hope I have the extended version of 5)

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think I own at least 3 versions of The Fast and the Furious, at least a blu-ray and DVD of 2 and 3, and a blu-ray of the rest. Also have digital of all 7 as well. I'm covered.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Ah .... It took me a moment to realize what you were talking about and then I noticed the edit. Sounds good, friend. I didn't even think about whether it was in good taste to discuss certain activities.

Dinosaurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is my favourite movie series. I have DVDs and all of them on blu ray. Digital copies for all of them. Two posters awaiting frames. The soundtracks on iTunes with a few songs in my active playlist. Send help.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went through YouTube as I had some unused credit on there.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had them all on my Plex server, but i actually went out and bought the Blu-Ray box set so i could have the regular and extended versions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.