Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Getaway

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 11, 2002

The Getaway is a sandbox crime game set in London.

I actually really liked this game , How about you?

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SSValis

I thought the story was quite good and the soundtrack was excellent. I enjoyed rampaging around London. Also when your character would get shot he would limp and you could see bloodstains on your clothing.  What did you think about the game back when it came out? 

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I remember really, really liking the part where you go through building with holes in the floor (and maybe walls) with a shotgun. It may have been an apartment complex. That's about all I remember because it was so long ago. That and stopping a lot to lean on walls to heal.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emergency

I actually really enjoyed this game aswell.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I seem to remember liking it, that might have just been because I think I managed to find my office on the map.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SSValis

and this is the only thread, that seems odd.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Legend

I was thinking the same thing just yesterday when I saw it listed on some website's PS2 games. I played it start to finish and loved it!

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By maskedarcstrike
    @SSValis: While I agree that the story was great and the graphics were very good at the time.  I remember the game play being absolutely atrocious.  Especially during the driving sequences.  I can't remember if I bought the game or rented it, I think I bought it at best buy when I was working there as a teenager.  But all I remember is driving during a chase sequence and hitting a fire hydrant slightly and the car would come to a complete STOP.  If you made even the slightest mistake during a car chase sequence it was over (I also remember you had to get to a certain location during a mission in a set time).

While I agree The Getaway had tons of potential and a great plot, which is what kept me interested.  I just remember the game being incredibly frustrating to play.  It's been a LONG time since I've played it though, nearly a decade I think.  The game is just really bad to play for me.  I hardly remember the shooting sequences, but I remember them being okay.

It's not like I played it for 30 minutes and put it down either, I put about 7-10 hours into that game.  It was just, not fun to play.  Great story, voice acting, and graphics at the time but man....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.