Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Golf Club 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 27, 2017

Maximum Games is publishing a full-on sequel to The Golf Club.

TGC 2 Giant Bomb Society Central For All Platforms! + Discord

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By meatsofevil

The Golf Club 2 is out now, and that means it's time to create and join some GB societies!

In The Golf Club 2 players can create and join societies, which are essentially guilds. When you join a society you can participate in competitive events, earn money, and play against your society mates. I went ahead and created a society on the PC version, and if anyone decides to create a GB society on the PS4 or Xbox One versions of the game please let me know and I will update this post with the name of the society so people can join up.

Here are the current GB societies (just search the name in the societies menu) :

PC - Giant Bomb Unofficial Tee Time

PS4 - Giant Bomb Unofficial Tee Time

Xbox One - Giant Bomb Unofficial Tee Time

I also created a GB community discord server for duders to hang out and chat/play golf!

Let's get to golfin'!

T_Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By T_Havok

I have made a PS4 society, please join!

PS4 - Giant Bomb Unofficial Tee Time

Edit: boy, I find it really difficult... If someone more hardcore joins the club we should probably figure out how to make that person president.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

@t_havok:

Hey, I joined. TGC 2 is having server issues, so that's a thing. PS name is ClaudeRuff. See you on the links.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the PC society. I should have played my first round on that right after installing the game basically. I need to get my golf legs back under me

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shindig

Joined the PS4 crew. Me and my 18.6 handicap.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_havok: It's not so bad, just be sure to set up entry fees for the events you start so that way you can accumulate funds for the society to use for upgrading etc.

T_Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By T_Havok

@meatsofevil: Thanks for the advice. Was also refering to the game itself, struggeling to get a bogey on most holes. What would be a reasonable entry fee?

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_havok: I know what you mean, I am terrible at putting so I sometimes end a round at +10 or more just because of poor putts.

In terms of entry fee, it depends on how often you do events. I just set the entry fee to 200 for our next event starting tomorrow that lasts for 4 days. If your events are shorter the fee should be smaller etc. This early since release it might also make sense to keep it low for a little while in order to allow players to make money.

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Joined ps4 one. Im also not the greatest.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can bogey alright but there's usually two tragic holes on any course that have me pushing the ten-stroke limit.

ALL OF THAT SOUNDS LIKE SEX!

sharkeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The winter course for the current event on PC is just mean! :D

VoodooTatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The winter event on the PC society is terrible. Making a difficult course is fine but this is just unfair and not fun.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodootatum: My sincere apologies for picking such an awful course for the event. I just picked at random and it turned out to be a shit course. Next event I promise to play the course beforehand to ensure a good, competitive, and fun event.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

So, to people who have played a good bit: how is this game? The first one seemed okay, but I was never too enticed to pick it up. I've had a hankering for a golf game lately.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman:

Now that the server problems seem to be fixed, it's great. I'm playing on the PS4 with no problems. The game can be tough or easy according to the course, tees, wind and your skill with the swing mechanics. The Societies are interesting, I've joined three so far. You also have a career mode, mostly an individual society if you will. The game is much improved over the original Golf Club. If you're looking for a three click golf game, this is not it.

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined the PS4 society. The tempo swing mechanic is more challenging than most golf games, but it is very rewarding when you get it right. Still getting used to it but overall it is a pretty decent golf game.

T_Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me know what courses are good and I will add them to the schedule on PS4.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@claude said:

@jjweatherman:

Now that the server problems seem to be fixed, it's great. I'm playing on the PS4 with no problems. The game can be tough or easy according to the course, tees, wind and your skill with the swing mechanics. The Societies are interesting, I've joined three so far. You also have a career mode, mostly an individual society if you will. The game is much improved over the original Golf Club. If you're looking for a three click golf game, this is not it.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm definitely more interested in realistic golf vs. something like Hot Shots, so this could be the game for me.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JohnLocke

The Xbox One version now has the Unofficial Giant Bomb society running, if anybody has any questions or ideas for it then feel free to reply to me on here (or DM/Discord). A weekly event has been set up to end next weekend although I am currently about 80 over par at the moment after round two so I think if others join they will have a good chance of winning haha.

Patsrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately the PC Giant Bomb society seems to be dying. There wasn't a event for around a week now :(

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patsrs: The same with the PS4 society. It's been dead for weeks. Not many played anyway. I think we had like five members.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.