The Haunted: Hells Reach is a third person shooter released on Steam, Xbox Live Arcade and Playstation Network in 2011. It is the direct successor to an Unreal Tournament 3 mod called The Haunted which won the 2009 Make Something Unreal contest. It has a focus on cooperative gameplay that involves up to four players working together to fight off various types of demons in large, open maps.
- Eight maps.
- 20 enemy types.
- Four playable characters.
- Tiered weaponry that allows players to upgrade weapons into similar but stronger ones. For example, the knife upgrades into the chainsaw, which then upgrades into the witch hammer, which finally upgrades to the glaive.
- Four game modes.
- Level events that significantly affect the gameplay. Confirmed examples are meteor showers and lightning storms.
The game features three primary game modes that are intended to be played in multiplayer, as well as a single player mode.
- Survival - One player fights against increasingly difficult waves of demons.
- Inferno - Up to four players fight against increasingly difficult waves of demons.
- Battle - Four human players fight against four player controlled demons.
- Demonizer - Identical to Inferno until a player dies. That player then becomes a demon and fights against the humans until either a timer runs out or every human has become a demon.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Shader Model 3.0 graphics card with 256MB of memory (NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS, ATI Radeon 2000 series or higher) DirectX 9 compatible
Hard Drive: 4GB of free hard drive space
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card