Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 17, 2009

The latest entry House of the Dead series, now with a grindhouse twist. "It's not just good, it's f**king DE-LICIOUS!"

Amazing Soundtrack...

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I love disco. I absolutely love it. There I said it. Call me "gay" or whatever you want but now it's all out in the open let's move on to more pressing matters: House Of The Dead: Overkill's soundtrack.

So I'm super pumped for the grindhouse route this game has taken. It's had me interested since day one. But I just loaded up their official website and heard some samples of the soundtrack. And now I'm just stoked beyond comprehension.

Hit up this link.

Agent G's track should start playing instantly. Now imagine shooting zombies to that. Virtually every attention to detail has been made. This is probably one of my most anticipated games of the year (and yes: Uncharted and God Of War and Killzone are in that same list).

Bloody brilliant. Can't wait for release.

Just emailed my PR representative to see if an iTunes or CD launch is on the cards. Will keep you updated.

EDIT: "I don't believe there are any plans for a soundtrack release".

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

Put "Papa Caesar" on, lol, fucking fantastic:

- "As you well know Isaac, I enjoy pain. It's like a good Chinese dinner, you know, with the sweet and the sour. Expanding on that analogy, I will smile with delight -- that's the sweet -- as you scream for your fucking life. Of course, that's the sour. Ciao."
    - *guitars*
    - "Mad motherfucker."
    - "SHIT! The place is wired to blow!"
    - "We're not dead yet detective."
    - *drum roll*
    - *BASS*

Oh my god. So good.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Over excited y'see.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

The soundtrack seems alright...but nowhere near what I was expecting after reading your overly-excited post(s). I do like the vibe of the site in general though.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    Kush said:
    "The soundtrack seems alright...but nowhere near what I was expecting after reading your overly-excited post(s). I do like the vibe of the site in general though."
    I'm disappointed in you Kush. I 100% conclude that you'll be jiving while headshotting zombies. I hadn't even considered that they'd layer the shooting with 70's funk-disco so maybe I was just orgasming over the prospect that they really have covered every base with this game.

Can't beat a Rhodes keyboard, brass band and a wah-pedal. It's audio-sex.

It's such a fresh idea. I mean I know grindhouse has been popular for forever (read: 40 years or so) but I can't think of another game that's actually tried to depict the essence of what makes it great. Answers on a postcard for that one.

I hope they put adverts and trailers in between the levels.

Cum-shot guaranteed if they do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.