Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 17, 2009

The latest entry House of the Dead series, now with a grindhouse twist. "It's not just good, it's f**king DE-LICIOUS!"

F Word Overkill

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

SEGA's House of the Dead: Overkill has earned itself a place in the Guinness Book of Records Gamer Edition. The on the rails Zombie shooter has set a record for the most swearing in a video game, with 189 different uses of the f-word - about 3% of the entire game's dialogue.

This record category pre-existed for movies, music and television, but House of the Dead: Overkill is the first video game to be awarded the title in the Gamer's Edition. It's a mark of the times.

Gaz Deaves, the Video Games Records Manager for Guinness World Records

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Fuck me , fuck that's fucking awesome.  Fucking can't fucking well wait to fucking play this fucking game.

Does it actually bother anyone that there is swearing?  I am not even slightly bothered if my 13 year old plays it.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool said:
    "Fuck me , fuck that's fucking awesome.  Fucking can't fucking well wait to fucking play this fucking game.

Does it actually bother anyone that there is swearing?  I am not even slightly bothered if my 13 year old plays it.
    "

It's not just the swearing mate, there's other stuff in there of an adult nature. If my two little nieces were of that age, I certainly wouldn't let them be playing it. Besides, there are other on the rails shooter games on Wii more appropriate, like Links Crossbow.

What I'm really hoping for is a classic Point Blank game on Wii, I love those Namco developed games you find in the arcade.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oldschool
    Linkyshinks said:
    "oldschool said:
    "Fuck me , fuck that's fucking awesome.  Fucking can't fucking well wait to fucking play this fucking game.

"
    It's not just the swearing mate, there's other stuff in there of an adult nature. If my two little nieces were of that age, I certainly wouldn't let them be playing it. Besides, there are other on the rails shooter games on Wii more appropriate, like Links Crossbow.  What I'm really hoping for is a classic Point Blank game on Wii, I love those Namco developed games you find in the arcade."
    I am kind of aware of some of the other 'adult' content, but I have never censored anything for my children, just supervised.  I don't really see the problem.  I have Link's Crossbow Training and RE:UC for a little shooting practice.  I think I might get the 2 gun bundle pack of the game for a little 2 gun shooting.
    destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By destruktive

I Fucking like this game.
    I don't even fucking know why :P

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    oldschool said:

"
    lmao. yeah if i had kids i would prob let them play it. I'd just tell them to not repeat what they hear. lol.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

Its actually kind of annoying in this game.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Alexander

Like the bombcast at times :D

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

NOW I AM FUCKING GETTING IT!

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By RichardLOlson
    WOW......Thats fucking awsome!  I love that the fucking book of records would put somthing so fucking cool in there fucking book, I mean what the fuck.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    JJWeatherman said:
    "oldschool said:

"
    lmao. yeah if i had kids i would prob let them play it. I'd just tell them to not repeat what they hear. lol."
    As a parent, you can bury your head in the sand and believe that your kids never swear and when with their mates, never hear them swear OR you can accept reality and deal with it.

I took my (at the time) 6 year old to see the South Park movie.  I copped some crap over it.  One relative lectured me that it would be my fault if my daughter started swearing.  It never happened.  Simply put, I taught my children that swearing is normal, but what is important is where and when you use it.  Consequently, I rarely hear it.  It is about respecting your kids rather than lecturing and browbeating them.  I personally hardly ever swear, so I lead by example.

So, back to this game.  Big deal if there is a lot of bad language.  If you don't like hearing it, don't by it.  It certainly isn't going to teach anyone words they don't already know.
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Marzy

A compilation of all the swearing in the game.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus

Awe, they only said "PUSSY" like, once. I'm disappointed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.