Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Jackbox Party Pack 3

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 17, 2016

Brainstorm t-shirts, deceive your friends, and survive a night with a deadly trivia host in the third installment of Jackbox Games' annual party game pack.

Anybody tried this out yet?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Didn't realise this was a thing that existed until I saw it on sale in the Humble Store. The games look pretty interesting and more varied than the previous pack. Anyone given it a shot yet?

Looking forward to the inevitable Unprofessional Fridays when this gets played.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I watched a streamer I often watch on twitch play them and they all look pretty fun. The Trivia Murder party feels like a mash up of all their previous games. The one with the faker seems like it can be a lot of fun with the right people but isn't very easy to understand. Requires real world pointing and gestures. The t-shirt design one seemed like the weakest as it has a lot of downtime for spectators or people who are fast and not as ripe for weird hilarity.

Edit: Oh and the NSA data type one is pretty great. It's like family feud except guessing percentages rather than placement.

I so rarely get to play these games with friends that I've not gone through the first 2 packs but this is definitely a lot stronger than Party Pack 2.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Will be picking this up, we often have friends around for party game nights, so this will be perfect! The first 2 are really fun.

meant2live218

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I played this with my siblings and cousins and even a few rounds with my parents. Our ages ranged from 11 to 24 (ignoring the parents, of course), so I was glad that every game in this pack had options to make things family-friendly, either via family-friendly prompts or through moderation and censorship available to the "host" of any game. Another neat feature they built in was a lot of spectator tools for streaming purposes. I didn't get to use it, but I'd imagine that it could make for a good time for streaming personalities.

Quiplash 2 was fun as always; nothing too out of the ordinary other than the final round, which allows players to award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals for each answer. Still fun with a good group of people.

Murder Trivia Party was ok. Questions are properly weird and obscure, and the fact that you're not immediately out when you guess wrong and instead get a minigame to stay in makes it fun and forgiving. Still, as a party game, it can be a downer because those who are out are completely out and basically get a few minutes to watch and "do nothing."

Guesspionage was ok to good, depending on your group of people. It gives one person a chance to guess at what percentage of people fulfill some requirement and gives everyone else a chance to guess if that answer was too high, too low, or much too high or much too low (15% higher or lower than the first person's guess). Like any other sort of trivia game, this doesn't allow for much creativity or self-expression, and when played with the wrong people will just turn into a purely thinking, almost-single-player game.

Fakin' It was great. By far the best game in the pack. Each round, one player is assigned to be the Faker. Everyone is sent instructions on their phone to do something when the timer is up. This could range from raising your hand if you look at your poop, to holding up a number of fingers detailing the number of books you read in the last year. The Faker, however, doesn't receive the question, and instead has to bluff his or her way into making everyone else think someone else is the Faker. It's a great social game and is super fun when you let people try to defend themselves or raise accusations and reasons. It's one of the games that 100% requires people to be in the same room; trying to run this over a video call really takes something away from it.

Tee K.O. is the drawing game in this pack. It's weaker than the previous Drawful games because it doesn't really give solid prompts. While it can be fun trying to come up with a funny combination of captions and drawings (with considerably better drawing tools), the fact that users are given complete free rein over the pictures often leave them drawing very generic pictures, which makes the resulting combinations less interesting. Still, some good moments can come from it, and would probably be a lot more fun with people who have played it before and are purposely making interesting illustrations.

Overall, the party pack is good. I'd say it's worth it for Fakin' It alone.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By spiceninja

My friends and I played this game for hours today and it's pretty good but a couple of the games aren't much fun or unbalanced.

Murder Party is cool in concept but it constantly screws you over with questions you can't possibles know and even who wins can be randomized, it's almost like playing Mario Party. I suppose that's what they're going for with that one but I didn't get much enjoyment out of it and found it a bit frustrating.

The NSA game I found completely boring and without personality. The entire thing is guessing percentages and the rest of the players guess if the real number is higher or lower than your guess. It's that straightforward and doesn't have much of a hook. We didn't play it more than once.

Tee K.O. is pretty great. My friends and I were crying with laughter at some of the shirt combinations that were being made but the way the voting and shirt making works you can very often end up voting between shirts made by the same person meaning they'll get all the points regardless. It's unbalanced to be sure but the fun factor more than makes up for it in my opinion.

Fakin' It was great but the final round is heavily unbalanced toward the faker. Other players have to answer questions and the faker is given a different question and you have to guess what everyone else is answering meaning that the faker is easily outed in the first game of the final round.

Quiplash is still fantastic.

There are some really good games in it but I think the new ones need a little more balancing to be truly great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.