Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The King of Fighters XII

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 10, 2009

The twelfth main installment of the tag-team fighting game series features a complete overhaul of the series' 2D graphics, with the first major overhaul of the series' character sprites in 13 years.

KOF12 No Love :(

Crazyhumphrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Crazyhumphrey

Going back 3 months ago i was watching a KOF12 trailer and i about shit my pants. The beautiful art work and classic moves got me super excited. Now fast forward to now i`m sitting in my room looking at the fugly title screen of KOF12. My regret for buying this game gets stronger everyday, Before i got this game  i thought id get KOF 98` just to get back into the pace of KOF. That game on XBLA is $10 and i still have a hard time recommending this game to any KOF fan. The online on both of these games are horrid and its a disappointment. KOF12 has great potential the 3 on 3 combat is great and exciting but the little things we have grown a custom too like great looking menus and a story mode fall flat in this game. So if there`s no good offline content than the online has to be spectacular too make this game shine, but as the rest of the game it has no love or heart. sure the designers but beautiful artwork in there but it looks like WORk, not LOVe. So maybe this patch they speak of can redeem the online but as far as i`m concerned dont buy this game unless it drops its price $30-$40  and fixes its online then ill suggest it, but until then keep playing balzblue and Street fighter 4 :)

Crazyhumphrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Crazyhumphrey

Going back 3 months ago i was watching a KOF12 trailer and i about shit my pants. The beautiful art work and classic moves got me super excited. Now fast forward to now i`m sitting in my room looking at the fugly title screen of KOF12. My regret for buying this game gets stronger everyday, Before i got this game  i thought id get KOF 98` just to get back into the pace of KOF. That game on XBLA is $10 and i still have a hard time recommending this game to any KOF fan. The online on both of these games are horrid and its a disappointment. KOF12 has great potential the 3 on 3 combat is great and exciting but the little things we have grown a custom too like great looking menus and a story mode fall flat in this game. So if there`s no good offline content than the online has to be spectacular too make this game shine, but as the rest of the game it has no love or heart. sure the designers but beautiful artwork in there but it looks like WORk, not LOVe. So maybe this patch they speak of can redeem the online but as far as i`m concerned dont buy this game unless it drops its price $30-$40  and fixes its online then ill suggest it, but until then keep playing balzblue and Street fighter 4 :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.