Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Express

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 01, 1997

A point-and-click adventure game that takes place on a European train shortly before the outbreak of World War I. The game attempts to simulate real time with a non-linear story and dozens of fully voiced characters.

What did you think of the ending? *OBVIOUS SPOILERS*

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Goly

So to all those who finished this wonderful game, I've been thinking about its ending recently. I know it kinda shocked me the first time I saw it, it seemed so out of context. The game has been very realistic all throughout with well documented historical references and you would never expect an ending like that.  

I'd really like to know what other people who played this game think of its ending, since I don't really know anyone among my friends who has played it.  

To all those who haven't, I definitely recommend it. It's not for everyone, but anyone interested in games should at least give it a try. 
    Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Goly

i'm bumping this, jesus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I recently finished this and I agree that the ending's toned really veered off from the game's murder mystery tone. It also felt very abrupt, and though I understand that the story of the world dosen't end because WWI is about to happen, there should have been a little more closure.

I don't think Mechner was dipping into magical realism because the fantastic isn't supposed to be shocking to the characters in that genre. The Faberge egg seems like it was a MacGuffin that was pulled out of an Indiana Jones film.

The game itself is fantastic. Thought the limitations of the technology show and the gameness sometimes comes through, I've never seen such a well realized, alive world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.