Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

Did they patch the constant control button prompt reminder/pop-up?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Just a quick question, I remember in all the videos I have seen around the release of the game, there was this issue with tutorial messages "press X to do Y" and it was even mentioned in some reviews. You can even see it in the quick look. Now the game is much cheaper so I am considering getting it, but this one thing would still push me away if it didn't get fixed. If anyone is playing, I would love to know, thanks!

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sorry for double-posting in a half a year old thread, but I finally just now got the game and no, the issue was not patched. But I did some more searching around the internet and found a solution of sorts: when you get the prompt, for example standing near a ledge, when it tells you to push stick and press triangle to climb, do it, jump back down and repeat it a couple of times. After 3-5 repeats that specific prompt will go away forever, I guess they wanted the system to be adaptive and when the game sees you got it, it switches the help off. It's not ideal but it's far better than getting constantly distracted for the whole game! Hope this helps any late-comers like myself.

Also Trico is awesome.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

Yeah, you should be able to turn it off but it's not such a big deal 'cause the game is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.