Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

Input latency issues?

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By effache

So I just started the game and am having some real problems with input latency in the game. Any action I input is delayed by about a quarter of a second in game, maybe more, and it feels very substantial - this kind of tiny thing can really bother me in a game once I notice it. I havent watched the quick look or read any reviews so as to not spoil the experience, but a quick google search shows that some other people feel this way as well in the early parts of the game. I didnt mind the framerate issues or motion blur camera in SotC and can probably even pit up with the janky camera and other anachronisms in this game, but the latency is really getting in my way of enjoying this. I stopped after about 20 minutes.

Is this an isolated bug, a common issue, or a deliberate thing? Are there plans to fix it? Is it something should just get over quickly? Ive been looking forward tonthos game for 10 years and would be really devestated if a simple thing like this ruined the experience...

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FrostyRyan

I noticed no such thing.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
    rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Low FPS and input latency goes hand in hand most of the time. And from what I've seen and heard this game can go down to around 20 FPS, hence the input latency.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is probably a combo of low fps giving it a latent feel, and what ever input latency your tv already has.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.