Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

Just watched the 4min 36sec trailer

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

On my PS3.   
    On my 47in LCD. 
    Ohmahgawd. 

I don't know how they've done it, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be my most anticipated game of 10.  Yes, there is Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, etc.  These are all sequels, improvements made upon the original product. 

Guardian is something that has never really been done before.  I know they've only done 2 games before, but what games they were.  Team ICO (in my opinion) is almost up there with Kojima as far as production goes.  But in the exact opposite way.  While Kojima goes about things by giving the consumer every bit of information he could desire,   Fumito Ueda (head of Team ICO) strips away everything but the bare essentials, often doing away with dialog completely.  But in a weird way, it doesn't seem to take away from the story at all.    

And to do it with the graphical fidelity that he's shown in the trailer that is most likely a year out from printing those wonderful discs...you really have to see the game in motion to really come to terms with how good this game looks - I'm not talking animation yet, that would probably come later in the development cycle, opposed to getting the basics of the graphical engine down. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHzHoMT5eRg&hd=1  
    The link above in youtube HD.  Just let it load up and take in its goodness once more. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Embedded for your viewing pleasure:

I hope ICO and Shadow of the Colossus get the God of War treatment and have their resolutions bumped up to 720p for a Bluray re-release.  I have yet to plany any of Team Ico's games.
    zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zero_
    @Andorski:
    I second that. Even though I've played both ICO and SoTC, an upgrade to those games in the same vein as God of War would be absolutely amazing and get people unfamiliar with the 'series' to be on board for The Last Guardian.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.