Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last Guardian

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 06, 2016

The Last Guardian is the long-delayed third game from Sony's Team Ico. Originally revealed in trailer form at E3 2009, the game was met with substantial delays but was reintroduced at E3 2015.

Last Guardian to be GOTY 2012 contender? (delayed 'til next year)

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alternate

Seemed almost inevitable.  The longer this takes to come out the less likely it will meet it's rabid expectations.
    http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/861419-the-last-guardian-delayed-along-with-ico-shadow-of-the-colossus

The Last Guardian director and game designer, Fumito Ueda, said: 'I announced at last year's Tokyo Game Show that the release timing of The Last Guardian which is currently being developed would be holiday 2011.'

'However, to provide more challenging and better quality of content to users and to fulfil First Party Studio's obligations, I decided to postpone its release timing.'

Mr Ueda also announced the re-release of ICO & Shadow of the Colossus at the Tokyo Game Show in 2010.

remake of ico/shadow put back too - likely as it's main benefit was hype for TLG
    swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By swamplord666

just because this is my most anticipated title, I'll wait to see this news from the games media before believing it :(

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

What about Bioshock?

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By phish09

He didn't say it would be released in 2012.  He just said it wouldn't be released in 2011.  I'm predicting Fall 2013.  Sony has to have learned from Gran Turismo though that giving a developer all the time in the world does not necessarily mean that you'll get a superior product.  I mean, the GT team said that they kept postponing it and postponing it to "make it a better experience", but really, how much better do you think it was in the long run for having been released about 3 years after we were told we would get to play it?  I'm not saying,  "release it now, bugs and all"...just maybe, set a release date and go for that goal and then at least you have some parameters in which the game will get finished, and you don't end up tacking on a kart racing mode and a bunch of features that people will never use anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.