Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us Part II

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 19, 2020

Ellie and Joel are back in The Last of Us Part II, which takes place five years after the events of the first game.

PSA: Gamebreaking bug. Keep manual saves!

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By NeverGameOver

So about 2-4 hours into the game (depending on how much side stuff you do once the game opens up in downtown Seattle):

When you enter the courthouse and drop down an elevator shaft on top of an elevator, to the reach the garage level, the floor may not spawn in, resulting in you dropping through the world to your death. This seems to be widely occuring online, and Naughty Dog is aware of it. As of now, they have no fix beyond reloading a manual save. Restarting the checkpoint didn't do anything, and because of the lousy checkpointing in the area, I had to re-loot the floor (including a safe) over and over again each time I re-tried. Eventually I reloaded my last manual save, and lost about 40 mins worth of progress in the process. Then after reaching the area again, the glitch actually happened again (at which point I nearly threw my ps4 out the window). But finally, I reloaded the checkpoint a few more times, looting the area in a different order each time and eventually it worked. Woof

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

gosh that sucks. hopefully you don't experience that again!

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

This reminds me of The Last of Us 1 launch in 2013.

Played for like 4 hours straight at launch. When to pause menu and noted that the auto-save was from 4 hours ago and the manual save wouldn't work. Messaged my mate who was like 5 hours in - hey have you noticed this?

We both lost all that progress. Ahhh memories.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BoOzak

Thanks for the info, i'm past that area but now I know that this game might not be as polished as it seems i'll be a bit more liberal with the the manaul saves.

I always have at least one manual save (if given the option) since autosaves in every game can be liable to screw you regardless of glitches but a few more couldnt hurt.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.