Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

A question about day one digital.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Have any of you girls or boys used PSN for a day one digital purchase before? As I understand it a purchase now will get me the installer, at some point I can pre-load the game and then start playing when it's 50% complete (assuming the 50% completes once the game is "released").

Therein lies my question. Do day one purchases unlock at midnight? Or is it more like10:00am on launch day? This is one of the few games I have planned on buying this summer and I want it in my grubby little fingers as soon as possible, digital or otherwise.

If anyone can help me clear this up you'll be making my evening much easier.

Cheers!

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zella
    reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My Hero.

Thanks very much man. I'm likely going to have a good night.

Take it easy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

I was thinking about getting this through PSN but then I saw that it's 27 gb to install. First off, that would take forever for me to download, and I don't even have close to that much space left on my harddrive.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@redbullet685: Yeah... the regret from impulse purchasing the digital version is running pretty high right now.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Well apparently it's double the download size on PSN so it's actually 54 gb. That is fucking batshit insane.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@redbullet685 said:

Well apparently it's double the download size on PSN so it's actually 54 gb. That is fucking batshit insane.

Just the install situation for the ps3 it seems, it unpacks the initial download of 20 some odd jigga bits and you need the space for the unpacking which amounts to double... it's arkane but whatever, the new consoles are out soon enough I guess.

EDIT: Anyone able to actually start the download yet for the Last of Us?

Pastajensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pastajensen

Maybe a bit late now, but he DL went fine the game was waiting for me in the morning. I was just checking that it was actually downloading before I went to bed. Due to a own installer it did not need double space for installing. Did not check if it was playable after 50% though.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@pastajensen: Same for me. After waiting up to 12:30 AM PST, the download went live. I feel asleep around 27% downloaded and woke up around 80% downloaded. It was playable from that point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.