Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Any way to recharge the flashlight without the SixAxis?

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So I'm using a 3rd party controller to play all my PS3 games because I hate the DS3... It doesn't have SixAxis functionnality but who cares...everybody abandonned that like 5 years ago right? Right???? Sigh... So now my flashlight is low power and I have no way to recharge it... Is there any button you can use to replace the SixAxis?

Avatar image for deactivated-649f07b15d7b8
    deactivated-649f07b15d7b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@megasoum said:

So I'm using a 3rd party controller to play all my PS3 games because I hate the DS3... It doesn't have SixAxis functionnality but who cares...everybody abandonned that like 5 years ago right? Right???? Sigh... So now my flashlight is low power and I have no way to recharge it... Is there any button you can use to replace the SixAxis?

omg, that's insane! Can you turn off the light for a little while to recharge it?

otherwise: turn up the gamma!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

This game uses the Sixaxis?

Man, that really bums me out.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@drewmaw said:

@megasoum said:

omg, that's insane! Can you turn off the light for a little while to recharge it?

otherwise: turn up the gamma!

You can turn the light on/off as much as you want but it won't recharge without the SixAxis. It will still kinda work but it will flicker heavily and you get the weird icon flashing in the corner telling you to shake your controller.... Didn't have a choice, I dusted off my old DS3...ugh.. Can't wait for the PS4 and it's superior controller.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm more annoyed that I can't disable vibration. Same with Tekken Revolution. I have RSIs and vibration only triggers pain for me.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I like the use of SixAxis for recharging your battery. It makes sense in the context and isn't overused. Sucks that you can't turn it off though.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wondered what that icon was for hahaha, I just shook my controller like it said but never paid attention to what it did.

I though it was fine though, all you have to do is slightly move the controller.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@webscud said:

I'm more annoyed that I can't disable vibration. Same with Tekken Revolution. I have RSIs and vibration only triggers pain for me.

That sucks, I have real shitty tendinitis in my right hand at the moment and it's been getting in the way of everything, I completely understand how bothersome that could be, Hell I have an old launch Sixaxis laying around, you want me to mail it to you?

rihanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webscud: I disabled vibration in the PS3 system settings.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By yukoasho
    @rihanna said:

@webscud: I disabled vibration in the PS3 system settings.

Specifically, go to Settings->Accessory Settings->Controller Vibration Function in the XMB.

acfreakman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I am having the same problem but do not have the needed controller? Is there no way to fix this?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's not that bad you whiners, it requires the weakest of shakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It sounds like a neat feature but having no way around it is super lame.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I read the title as Fleshlight, and was very confused.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Best use of Six-axis still goes to Ninja Gaiden and its Six-axis boob bounce.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I had no idea that's what I was being prompted for. I just saw the prompt come up in the corner and I would tilt a few times. I thought it was because a building was shifting and I was doing that to maintain balance

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I had no idea that's what I was being prompted for. I just saw the prompt come up in the corner and I would tilt a few times. I thought it was because a building was shifting and I was doing that to maintain balance

Likewise, it happened to me once when I was outside in broad daylight and my flashlight was already off. Good to know thats what it was for.

Thor4562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy fix! save and load and it will be fully recharged again! hope this helps

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shouldn't even be there. It's fucking pointless.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

@colourful_hippie said:

Meh, if the sixaxis was tied to anything that required actual skill (like the balancing act bullshit from Uncharted 1) then I would be pissed, but instead of adding in an extra button prompt that the game already has enough of, all I have to do is tilt.

AircrashKop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Meh, if the sixaxis was tied to anything that required actual skill (like the balancing act bullshit from Uncharted 1) then I would be pissed, but instead of adding in an extra button prompt that the game already has enough of, all I have to do is tilt.

Did you just say 'It's not that bad you whiners'?.... 'All you have to do is tilt'?.... Do me a favor and read the first post up there dude...
    I made an account because nobody saw fit to tell you that the reason we're disappointed with this thing in the game is because we don't HAVE the sixaxis controller, but rather some other form i.e. Walmart or some kinda gamestop kind that isn't built with the sensor that allows tapping/shaking/tilting etc. The point of this thread is to find a way around the annoying flashlight thing if we can't do the tap. (which the guy up there solved with the save/load idea)...... okay, dude?

AircrashKop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AircrashKop

@thor4562 said:

Easy fix! save and load and it will be fully recharged again! hope this helps

Thanks dude. fixes the problem entirely.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By csl316

This game uses the Sixaxis?

Man, that really bums me out.

Honestly, I beat the whole game on hard without even knowing that. Nothing to worry about.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@colourful_hippie said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@colourful_hippie said:

Did you just say 'It's not that bad you whiners'?.... 'All you have to do is tilt'?.... Do me a favor and read the first post up there dude...

I made an account because nobody saw fit to tell you that the reason we're disappointed with this thing in the game is because we don't HAVE the sixaxis controller, but rather some other form i.e. Walmart or some kinda gamestop kind that isn't built with the sensor that allows tapping/shaking/tilting etc. The point of this thread is to find a way around the annoying flashlight thing if we can't do the tap. (which the guy up there solved with the save/load idea)...... okay, dude?

Honestly, you should never not have first party controllers. Third party ones are always worse than the other ones.

"But I don't have the money to buy a new controller". You did, however, have the money to buy The Last of Us.

And yes, use of the six-axis still bums me out, but if it's just a matter of lazily flicking the controller in some random direction then I don't see much of an issue. It's not madly shaking it to get critters off of you in Resistance 1 or balancing on thin ledges in Uncharted, so I don't see that much of an issue.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webscud said:

Hold the PS button and disable vibration from the controller itself.

@megasoum said:

So that's why that stupid sixaxis prompt came up out of nowhere a few times during the game. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck it did so that pissed me off. Of course I didn't want to google it out of fear of spoilers.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: It doesn't impact the game at all, most of the time you'll trigger the flashlight without even doing anything.

Cakeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really see why they put this into the game. Make the gamer shake the controller now and then. It's not that big of a deal but I just don't see the point.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait.... the flashlight needs to recharge?!? How did I miss that?? wow, and I played through the game twice, not once did I notice! I feel like a fool.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first few times I got the shake prompt I didn't notice it was related to the flashlight. I actually thought it was to have Joel pretend to be a Clicker, although that would be a pretty dumb thing to do, haha. It does sound pretty similar...

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cleric22

@megasoum: In the exact same boat as you were. Found this SWEET controller in the layout of a 360 controller (it's the one I'm used to) and got about an hour in when that came up. Apparently there isn't a solution so I had to switch back to my DS3. Best I can say is buy a used one online.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait.... the flashlight needs to recharge?!? How did I miss that?? wow, and I played through the game twice, not once did I notice! I feel like a fool.

Right? I never once encountered this.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah don't feel too bad. I never realized either. Played through the entire thing, never noticed any flashlight flicker or recharge icon, then saw my girlfriend doing it in her playthrough. As expected I was a bit confused at what she was doing oO

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vertrucio

The flashlight doesn't need to recharge, so much as there's a mechanic where your light goes on the fritz and starts flickering, and like everyone does or sees in movies, you can fix it by hitting it (or in this case, the controller).

If you hold down the PS button, you can switch controller designations quickly and easily. Have a DS3 plugged in if you don't have a PS button on the controller you're using, then make it controller 1 temporarily, then switch it back.

agemaner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

killzone 3 is the exact same with the issue on the first mission to turn a valve to progress lol. it really sucks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.