Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

anyone else having trouble getting a physical copy?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

my hard drive is full and i'm trying to give my credit card a rest, but apparently the game is completely sold out where i live.

my options are to drive for a coupla hours to a smyth's toys in another town (the only alternative to gamestop since hmv closed down), to buy it on amazon and wait till next wednesday to get it, or to give in, throw it on the credit card, bump that interest some more, clear off something i'm not quite finished with from my hard drive, then wait until tomorrow for the damn thing to download, despite my high speed connection.

i have no idea why i'm in this ridiculous situation, considering it's probably THE major release of the summer, and this is how i usually get all my new releases - a no pre-order friday pickup from gamestop.

is this a next gen kick in the balls or is it just because some idiot made a decision?

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By winsord

For as much as I'd prefer it didn't matter, I think it picked up a lot of steam with all of the very positive reviews and its high Metacritic score. If that's true, then they'd be selling even more than they'd expected and there just might not be enough copies to fulfill current demand. Personally I'd just hold off and get it later, or get it on Amazon and wait until next Wednesday if that's better. I realize a lot of the time people want it the second it comes out, but is it really worth driving for like two or three hours in the hopes that a store will have a copy of the game so you can play it a few days sooner? If you're less than a week late, you're not even going to be missing out on the ferver or anything.

Edit: Seems the local copies here flew out of stock, aside from the Best Buy having a few left; glad I pre-ordered from Amazon instead of waiting to pickup at a local store day of.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord: oh i'm not driving any distance for the sake of a game. and it doesn't feel like a surge in demand - if it's sold out by lunchtime on the day of release, a working day, it just feels like they didn't order enough copies, or were not given enough copies to sell, something i've never experienced before for a major title like this.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By zombie2011

I just went to Best Buy and they had a bunch I their little cage thing. I live in a college town so you'd think if this did get a ton of hype it would have sold out, but it didn't, for comparison Halo 4 was out of stock for about a week at this same Best Buy after launch.

Sounds like you live In a small area that just didn't order enough.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HH

@zombie2011 said:

i live in dublin, a capital city with over a million people, that yeh, all of a sudden, didn't order enough.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

@hh said:

@zombie2011 said:

i live in dublin, a capital city with over a million people, that yeh, all of a sudden, didn't order enough.

How do you only have one video game store in Dublin? 1 Gamestop that's it?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MideonNViscera

I have a feeling it'll be sold out around here. Animal Crossing was. My friend has a pre-order though so I know I'll get to check it out.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HH

@zombie2011: the dude in gamestop told me it was sold out "business-wide" was the term he used, which i presume means nationwide, not just out of their five or six dublin stores. we used to have hmv as an alternative but they closed a while back, and the only other alternative is a toy chain that has iffy prices and usually a low amount of stock, and i checked with them and they're already out in their dublin store, presumably because of the overflow from gamestop. the whole thing is just weird.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By toowalrus

Amazon.com: Your package with The Last of Us has been shipped. Expected delivery: 14-Jun by 08:00 PM.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I never preorder. I always take a trip to Best Buy and pick up a title on release day during my lunch. The only time this has posed a problem was Dead island of all games, which happened to sell out at every possible store on day 1. The problem with that one was none of the stores expected it to sell, so they ordered small quantities. This shouldn't be the case with The Last of Us. I just got back from Best Buy and there was 3 left. Me and another grabbed a copy each and the accompanied Steel Case. I'm going to assume stores didn't order too little, and the game is just that popular.

elitefury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I rarely preorder so I guess this one time it was I good thing I did. Should arrive from amazon later today.

Hope the lack of game is because it is selling out because NG is a great studio and I can't wait to see them on the PS4.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Preordered from Amazon last month. Still hasn't even shipped. Usually amazon will ship the day before release.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hh: I live in Cardiff, Wales and we're also sold out everywhere here. A friend and I went to Tesco at midnight to get our copies.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same thing I'm going through, though I live in a relatively small town, so I guess it makes sense...

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#15  Edited By isomeri

This might be the last PS3 game I'll ever buy and I had no trouble finding a copy.

EDIT: Oh right that Beyond game. Well I might buy that also.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morningstar

Nope. I even got mine a day early :p

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I work at Walmart and either we didn't get any or overnight forgot to put it out. My guess is the latter.

SplitSecond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SplitSecond

Wow...haven't really seen a release this hard to get in...ages! Maybe since I had to order Shadow Hearts: Covenant from an obscure place in California.

Where I am (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) I can't get it at any of the local EB Games, Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart or Superstore. Best Buy, Future Shop, Walmart and EB Games all list is as unavailable for online purchase.

Even AMAZON.ca is sold-out!!!! (Well except for an Amazon Marketplace store that is charing $20 extra)

What the deuce!?!?!?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I work at GAME, we had over 120 copies of the game. We have two stores in our town, the other got over 100 copies as well. I wonder why it's in such short supply in other places

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@isomeri: maybe GTA5 will be in short supply?

Yeah, I picked mine up on Friday evening after work, and there were more copies. Then again, there are a bunch of retailers in the Bay Area selling this game... :/

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HerbieBug

I did have a little extra trouble tracking down a copy on release day for this one, yeah. Normally both Futureshop and Best Buy have shelves full of the game released that day. For this one I had to visit three locations to find a store that hadn't already sold out. And at that third location I grabbed the last copy they had on the shelf.

It was unusual. Canada used to have this problem constantly on account of the ship day vs. release day issue. In the last five or so years it's been fine, copies always available on the Tuesday (or the Friday in this case).

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, just buckled down and bought some psn codes on amazon and downloaded (glad i upgraded my HDD the other day for DCuniverse WOW).

Man, I've never had trouble buying a video game before but spots like bestbuy and target didn't get enough because of the weird ass release schedule (plus they are shipping low quantities for some reason).

And goddamn if gamestop isn't the most annoying shit head spot, I look online they say they have copies but now "their all reserved". Who the fuck reserves games and doesn't pick them up for 4 days??? Lying asses..lol....i was pissed today to say the least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.