Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Anyone pre ordered with shopto?

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just curious because i got an email from them on Friday i think and they said that due to high demand they would begin processing over the weekend. Now it's Sunday and they still haven't taken the money or started processing, so I'm just wondering if something is wrong. Anyone who has pre ordered could you tell me if it's the same for you?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pessh

I always preorder from Shopto because they ALWAYS get me the game early, never fails, they usually dispatch Tuesday, arrives Wednesday. I wouldn't worry.

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Received an email this morning stating they have processed my order, it's likely they are just working through all the pre orders and it is taking a little longer than usual.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@pessh: Ah but how do they do it? Be mindful of the senseless trail of violence and murder required for you to receive the game early.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I've heard from the internet that pre-ordering is the devils work.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By happenstance

I've been waiting for my order to be processed as well. They announced they'd be doing it but then yesterday they did my Animal Crossing order instead.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@happenstance: I assume it's just taking time to get to all the orders but I am slightly concerned. I'm getting Animal crossing free with the so many games promotion which is cool.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@pompouspizza: Yeah thats what I figured as well, I did only preorder after reading Patrick's review so I should be pretty far down the list.

Animal Crossing will be my third game registered from that promotion so I'll be due the free game at the end of the week. Only problem is that none of the other games really interest me. At the moment im considering either Donkey Kong or Castlevania.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

I think this is generally because you never know for sure if the game will be any good or not. Even if the game is good like Diablo 3, it could still be broken on launch. As we already know all the reviews for this one and the online isn't the big reason to get it, I think it's safe!

If only more publishers would allow early reviews!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I think this is generally because you never know for sure if the game will be any good or not. Even if the game is good like Diablo 3, it could still be broken on launch. As we already know all the reviews for this one and the online isn't the big reason to get it, I think it's safe!

Reviews are worthless anyway. I am nearly done with Remember Me and I think it's a great game, definitely a solid 4/5. It is getting a way harsh treatment from reviewers that have given other games a pass for way worse issues.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I'm only on chapter 3 but I also think it's a great game, I pre order games if I know that I will want to play it regardless of what reviews say.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@humanity said:

@theodacourt said:

@humanity said:

Reviews are worthless anyway. I am nearly done with Remember Me and I think it's a great game, definitely a solid 4/5. It is getting a way harsh treatment from reviewers that have given other games a pass for way worse issues.

Not entirely. Just follow reviewers with your tastes or actually read the reviews to determine if the problems the reviewers are having are problems you can easily put up with.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: I think GameTrailer reviews are generally the best in showing off a game. Not because they are written terribly well but rather because whenever they have any issues with the game there is usually accompanying video footage to go along with it.

Other than that I find it impossible to actively follow any one reviewer. I respect Jeff and share a lot of his views on games, but once in a while his opinions completely veer in a different direction. I read Alex's review of Remember Me as well as a few others when the low scores started trickling in because I was excited for the game. All their claims seemed completely reasonable and well argumented. Yet as I started to actually play the game myself I started to realize that those points they illustrated so clearly weren't matching up with my experience at all.

So in the end, I don't think you can ever really tell a game's quality from a written review until you play it yourself. I may just have really weird taste - for instance you couldn't find a bad Skyrim review and despite loving RPG's where you create a customized character I simply could not enjoy that game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.