Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Did anyone else have to think of (Spoilers!)

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(comparison with a game from 2008 incoming) Prince of Persia 2008?

I mean from the "chick is the cure for the world" to the "you're given no player choice at the end and have to condemn the whole world because you can't get your shit together" ending the similarities story wise are just astonishing. You even have pretty much the exact same ending sequence carrying the girl in your arms while everything goes to shit at the end.

I was also reminded how, just as in TLoU, I had to try really hard to just roleplay the shit out of the ending because inside my mind something was screaming at me "Don't you fucking do it, don't you dare...AWW COME ON!!!!!!"

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although i'm a big fan of the Sands of Time trilogy I didn't play PoP 2008.

For some reason in my head I found that Bioshock Infinite had a little in common with this game somehow.

I mean maybe not so much but for some reason I found Booker giving away his daughter and Joel losing his daughter 20 years ago then Booker getting to actually spend time with Elizabeth and not knowing and Joel late in the game starting to look at Ellie as his second daughter he would raise.

Both kind of got their "second" chances so to speak.

Blah i'm confusing my self.

But...but! Troy Baker voices both main characters!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it there are quite a few similarities in the story. Particularly the endings, as they're both about damning the entire world because the life of one girl means more to you than that. Interesting coincidence.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Nope.

And people really need to stop acting like Joel's choice was cut and dry, save humanity or save the girl. There was not an ounce of actual evidence to indicate that killing Ellie would result in anything more than a dead girl and a bunch more sadness.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Turbyne

@starvinggamer said:

Nope.

And people really need to stop acting like Joel's choice was cut and dry, save humanity or save the girl. There was not an ounce of actual evidence to indicate that killing Ellie would result in anything more than a dead girl and a bunch more sadness.

Not to mention at that point in the story Joel starts to look at Ellie as a second daughter.

I doubt ANYONE would just allow her to die in that situation. He also had doubts it'd do anything for anyone.

Not just that but the Fireflies reasons for getting it seemed rather selfish, they probably wouldn't of shared it.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, it definitely reminded me of the PoP 2008 ending, except done right, and about 10,000 times more interesting.

Still, glad I'm not the only one who caught that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.