Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

GB Spoilercast(?)

thebarrylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I saw a user in another thread mention that Jeff said this was unlikely... any confirmation on this? Yes... no... maybe?

I think there's a TONNE of stuff to talk about; the ending, the reviews, being "overrated", how it stacks up against other 'game of the year/generation' competitors, multiplayer, and more.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By bkbroiler

I'd love to hear a spoilercast of it! I just hope they talk a lot about it on the Bombcast today. :)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

If not, I think Alex may write something about it at the very least.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Efesell

I dunno, spoilercasts seem more appealing when the plot demands so much discussion or interpretation.

I love the story in this game, and I think it has one of the best endings in recent memory... but its rather uh... straightforward.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff pretty much said no on his tumblr

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Wemibelle

@efesell said:

I dunno, spoilercasts seem more appealing when the plot demands so much discussion or interpretation.

I love the story in this game, and I think it has one of the best endings in recent memory... but its rather uh... straightforward.

I think the ending is open to some interpretation, but yeah, the rest is pretty straightforward. Don't know if it would be worth it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90:

Hm, I can only really think of one question about the final scenes and even then I don't know that it would involve much of a discussion.

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

Didn't they do a spoilercast of Modern Warfare? If they did one for that then Last of Us will be fine.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadyPingu

I can't imagine it lasting very long. The Last of Us is a well told story, for what it is, which is a fairly standard interpretation of a densely-populated genre.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kishinfoulux

Why would you need a spoiler cast for this game? It's pretty cut and dry.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Hmm well that's a little dissapointing. I would love to hear their thoughts on the game and it doesn't matter if they do it a week from now, if they want to make sure enough people have finished it, as long as they make one.

As someone who has just finished the game I'm extremely interested in hearing the GB crew's opinion of it all.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeybagad0nutz: Modern Warfare had a crazy story with crazy twists. The Last of Us? Not so much.

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no doubt that we'll basically get the equivalent of a spoilercast during GOTY deliberations.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kishinfoulux

@naru_joe93 said:

@kishinfoulux: not at all, actually

Uh yeah it is. What is there to discuss? If Ellie knows Joel is lying or not? Seems pretty obvious she does.

That's pretty much it and seems clear to me.

thebarrylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's more to discuss in a spoilercast than simply "on a scale of 1 to 10 how stunned were you at the surprise at the end?" Specifically within the context of just the ending, there's a lot to be said for the motivations of these characters, especially Joel. You might see it in black and white, one and done, a closed book, but there's enough chatter here and elsewhere that obviously the story is open to a lot of interpretation and debate.

It's not even just the ending though - a spoilercast would afford the lengthy, in depth talk that the game deserves without the tip toeing you get on a regular bombcast to avoid spoilers.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

People in here are saying there is nothing to talk about. What? Maybe not much if they only talk about the ending specifically, but there is a lot to the story throughout the game. I'd love to hear what they thought of all of the side characters, especially David, and how they felt about playing as Ellie. I hope they do a spoilercast.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Spoilercasts should be reserved for:

1. Stories with complex endings that are interpreted differently on many online forums.
    2. Sequels that wrap up a long story that's been going on for 2+ games.

Does the Last of Us fit into either? Call me narrow-minded or whatever, but as well told and interesting as the story is in that game, it doesn't warrant that much discussion, it's all pretty straightforward. They'll talk about it on the GOTY podcast for sure so don't worry duders.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By cornbredx

Seems unnecessary and too late now. Any interest around this game is fading, and its not an incredibly mind blowing game. I mean the game is cool, don't get me wrong, but its not something that people are going out of their way to talk about.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RonGalaxy

This thread is probably dead, but did ryan slightly confirm a spoilercast on the latest bombcast? He said something about "talking candidly" when they were all on the same page (beating the game)

THERE IS HOPE

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@naru_joe93 said:

This thread is probably dead, but did ryan slightly confirm a spoilercast on the latest bombcast? He said something about "talking candidly" when they were all on the same page (beating the game)

THERE IS HOPE

I doubt it'll happen, but there's always hope!

ED: ironic given the game we're talking about :D

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: even if they dont do a spoilercast, theyll probably talk indepth in the goty deliberations.

Also, I have a sinking feeling this is going to be rdr all over again with jeff. He just seems to be completely writing the game off because he's too busy (lazy) to play it

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@naru_joe93 said:

@selfconfessedcynic: even if they dont do a spoilercast, theyll probably talk indepth in the goty deliberations.

Also, I have a sinking feeling this is going to be rdr all over again with jeff. He just seems to be completely writing the game off because he's too busy (lazy) to play it

I can definitely respect not wanting to play a grim game / waiting for the right mood to play it in - especially with Ryan having his wedding this weekend, I can see him just not being in the right mindset for it either.

Also, with that happening and PAX Australia being next month, the guys probably are pretty busy (considering they'd have to be playing TLoU in their spare time).

That said, I'd be kidding myself if I were to start hoping for TLoU getting a Giant Bomb GOTY - especially not with GTA5 coming out this year. That seems like so much more of a "giant bomb game".

At least we know Vin-dawg will give it a good word when GOTY comes around. He seemed impressed on the podcast.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RonGalaxy

@selfconfessedcynic: If it doesn't get in the top 3, I will be sorely disappointed with this site. It's number 1 for me (so far), but I could easily see my love of gta/rockstar overtaking its spot

key_of_zee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's funny, we recently did a spoilercast of The Last of Us. Over the course of two hours we spent a majority of the time talking about the humanity behind the game's characters and situations. We also talked a lot more about the gameplay than we thought we would.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Jesus, reading this thread is depressing.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I don't know why there's this idea that a spoilercast has to be about complex endings only. This game leaves an impression on audiences. Sometimes hearing people talk about their reactions to stories can be interesting too.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RonGalaxy

There's definitely not going to be a spoilercast for this. I just hope Jeff actually beats it before GOTY time. I know it might have a huge stigma due to when it was (near ryans passing) and the dark content matter might make it difficult to get through, but it really is one of the finest pieces of entertainment/art Ive had the pleasure of experiencing.

I, honestly, dont think any game has a chance of dethroning it as the best game made this year, even GTAV. I know vinny and patrick beat it, Brad said he's going to beat it out of "obligation" on the bombcast, not sure about alex, and jeff just seems to have no interest (which is understandable). Such shitty timing

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By corruptsaves

@thebarrylad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eftyUF0IzNE
    After GB these guys have lately become my next favorite gaming web site pretty much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.