Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

How long did it take you to finish The Last of Us?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll How long did it take you to finish The Last of Us? (311 votes)

< 11 hours 3%
    11-12+ hours 7%
    13-14+ hours 17%
    15-16+ hours 17%
    17-18+ hours 11%
    19-20+ hours 6%
    >= 21 hours 3%
    See Results / Haven't finished it 35%

After having seen responses like "what? it's only 12 hours long?" at the end of some reviews, it got me thinking about the average play-length for most people who've completed this game.

Firstly because responses like that make me think that some people have been living under a rock this generation (where games have been tending towards being 6-8 hours long), and secondly because I personally took ~18.5h to finish the game so it's entirely up to the player.

So, out of curiosity, how long did it take you?

• 
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

It's been going on 2 months now, I got about 10 hours in all in one day and loved it, the next day I played one match of multiplayer and fucking hated it, now I have zero interest in the game, it's funny, the exact same thing happened to me with Uncharted 3, I should not play Naughty Dog multiplayer I guess.

UncleDisco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@scampbell said:

@jsnyder82 said:

I'm loving the game, but I have to admit, sometimes I don't want to play it simply because it makes me wait about 6-7 minutes just to load the damn game (should have bought the digital download). And on top of that, I doubly don't want to play it because Joel just turned a generator on in a basement, and enemies swarm to me and kill me within seconds. I have no idea how to get out of there.

There is a hallway with a door on the right which needs a key card. Not sure which direction that is, but I think it is the way the Bloater is coming from. I just ran to it when I had figured out where it was.

Oh, jeez, I just now realized I have a keycard. I kept looking at the keycard icon down at the bottom right and had no idea what it was. Must have missed that part. Thank you!

Ha, I remember that part.

As soon as the bloater busted through the door, I was like "NOPE!" and just legged it for the exit.

Clocked in about 18 hours as far as I recall.

DallasTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By DallasTheGamer

For me it took alittle over 14 hours. I need to play through that game again.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

16-17 hours.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I guess about 15 hours of single player over 3 days (lost some progress). Over 100 hours of multiplayer over 2-3 weeks. Excellent game. Multiplayer is even better than singleplayer, if you are so inclined.

Imorange24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Imorange24

First was 13hours 34mins and the second time i played is 10hours 30mins.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By spraynardtatum

The Last of Us was spectacular.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someday I'll be able to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.