Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Is this game loud for anyone else?

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Whitestripes09

While I usually don't complain about games being loud, this game is pretty damn loud... It's to the point where the other people in my house will come over and check to make sure I'm playing a game and not some psycho shooting outside instead. I turned the volume down as much as I can, but then I can't hear the dialogue.. It's slightly annoying, but I guess I will just have to enjoy this game when I have alone time.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Ares42

I think it comes down to the sound design. It's not especially loud, but there is a definate sensation of "breaking the silence". There's been a few moments I've jumped from a sudden explosion or gunshot.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

If you think the action is too loud, then that's what the audio sliders are for.

DR34DN0UGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems fine to me.

Volume aside though, the sound design in this game is mightily impressive.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

@yummylee said:

If you think the action is too loud, then that's what the audio sliders are for.

Its what I did. Works like a charm. Headset can also be recomended.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Change the audio range to narrow in game settings.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

No, but the fan on my PS3 is driving me fucking insane because of how loud it is. The quiet tension of the game is ruined by the blow dryer in my console

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

If you have a Turtle Beach headset laying around you could use that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Guns are loud yo

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, you probably have to adjust the audio sliders. Guns are appropriately loud and I like that. But I had to turn on subtitles cause the dialogue often seemed too quiet compared to the ambient sound effects and music.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this game gets ridiculously loud. I have been playing it with the dynamic range set to the widest possible and turned my speakers up to make the quiet sections audible. When the shooting starts it's pretty much suffocatingly loud, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's cool that they added a toggle for the dynamic range though, very cool. I prefer to have as much as possible, but I understand that not everyone is in a position where they can get away with the sounds of screeching zombies and frenzied gunfire at 3 in the morning.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had been playing with a headset on for most of the game, and while I was really enjoying the sound design I didn't feel it was too loud. That was until I noticed that every time I used the shotgun or shorty I would get a ringing in my ears. I messed with the sliders a bit and that hasn't happened since, but I think this is the first game I've ever had to adjust the sliders because the game was too loud and not vice versa.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.