Last of Us Demo for God of War Ascension buyers out

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Looks like the Last of Us demo for people who pre-ordered (or maybe just bought, I dunno) is out, and there are a handful of people playing it on Twitch so far. Hopefully GB will do a QL of it, but in the meantime, if people want to check it out that didn't buy Ascension (like me), you can see who all is streaming it here. Seems to be a fairly un-spoilery part from what I've seen, but no promises.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I'm trying to avoid as much footage of the game as possible so that it is fresh to me when I actually play it. But to those who are going ahead and watching and/or playing the demo - does it actually look decent? Or is there some jank here and there?

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They won't do a quick look of the demo because they're playing the full game right now.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

@ollyoxenfree: It looks pretty damn good. I played it. Just the buildings off in the distance don't look great and when I curb stomped an infected's face, the face looked like it lost all texture. Asides from that, it looks really good.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really want to see this, but am trying to stay away from as much as I can. Happy to hear it's great though.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I'm going through Naughty Dogs games to see how they changed over time, mostly with the Uncharted series, and I'm thinking this should be a great game. I don't see it being bad. Preordered it today, but avoiding most to all footage of it till I play it myself.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@ollyoxenfree: It looks pretty damn good. I played it. Just the buildings off in the distance don't look great and when I curb stomped an infected's face, the face looked like it lost all texture. Asides from that, it looks really good.

But just to clarify: You are pretty much beating the shit out of zombies and crazy rapists, right?

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC a QA some weeks ago mentioned that this demo is scripted with fixed encounters and happenings.

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaolinSpade

@ollyoxenfree: In the demo, just zombies. Although I can't say definitively whether or not they are zombie rapists. The demo is pretty short. I couldn't resist playing it and I don't regret doing so now that I have. And in case anybody's wondering, you don't need the God of War disc in the system to play it, which means you can borrow it, download the demo, and then give the disc back.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I keep forgetting that this game is coming out REAL soon.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cloudnineboya

d0 not take the d3emo as a good introduction of the game it is supposed too be a bad demo that do3s not show the quality of hole game

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By artelinarose

Does it spoil what an Ofus is? Cause I'd rather go into the game not knowing that.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudnineboya: Why are you placing numbers in the middle of your words?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ollyoxenfree: The only enemies in the demo were the infected and they are HARD. Stealth was the only way to take them out because when they hear you, they chase you in packs and shooting is kind of tough when you have small amounts of ammo.The infected enemies with fungus on their face kill you instantly if they latch onto you. There's also apparently more human enemy encounters then infected. So you're beating the shit out of them, yes, but they kill you way more easily. That games intense man.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By MarkWahlberg
@ollyoxenfree said:

@awesomeusername said:

But just to clarify: You are pretty much beating the shit out of zombies and crazy rapists, right?

It looks like a more polished version of that I Am Alive game that came out a while back - this demo specifically felt very reminiscent of the QL that the duders did for that. Clamber through busted ass building, fight random wackos, etc.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The demo is available to anyone with a copy of GoW: A, so you can go rent it from Redbox like I did. I have to say that the demo was awesome. It my heart racing by the end of it. The only thing I would recommend is skipping the trailer that automatically plays at the end of the demo.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear a few positive comments about this! I've been very tempted to download the demo (especially since it was just about the only good thing related to God of War - Ascenion, which I wasted my money on...), but since I've kept myself somewhat spoiler-free since it's first revelation at E3, I'm going to keep it that way 'till next week's friday...can't wait!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.