Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Last of Us gameplay walkthrough

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

AHHHH AGE GATE THAT MAKES ME TYPE

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thedj93

id play that game

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MistaSparkle

Dunno why I just let this demo pass by during the press conference, but glad I have another chance to see it. This looks awesome, I just hope it doesn't get too close with the Uncharted similarities.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I was already hyped as all fuck after the demo, but hearing that it is in-fact supposedly very open-ended gameplay-wise makes me crave this so so so hard. Thanks for posting it.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cincaid

Looks nice, but nothing I'd spend hundreds of dollars to buy a console for. Doesn't help that I'm broke as hell right now. :(

Hope the Sony players are satisfied with the end product, I think it's very good that studio is moving away from Uncharted (for now at least).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

Yup, The Last of Us still looks incredible. I'd love to witness the disparity between this scene when you have to (possibly) fight against a group of human bandits, and another where you're forced to defend yourself from a horde of mutants. Just to see how varied your tactics may diverge. Really happy to hear about the inventory/crafting system, too; it really is basically survival horror just without a lot of the horror.

And man, when that guy was hit by the molotov, it actually looked pretty damn horrific.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This makes me happy I got a PS3 for Uncharted when I found one that was cheap, while Uncharted wasn't that great (well 2 was, but 3 and 1 not so much...), this is looking really good.

After watching the demo I was a bit worried though, as it seemed pretty tightly scripted for the most part, but if it really is very open-ended in the gameplay, then I'm hyped as hell.

One thing that I'm not sure about though, is the talk about a couple of enemies being more than a worthy though, when they took down 6 or 8 enemies in a single battle fairly easily. It doesn't really mix with what the guys said on the Bombcast (was it Jeff?) that when there is more than a couple of enemies you're almost screwed.

deadalien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deadalien

I hope it's not as tightly scripted as Uncharted. That would be a frustrating shame.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Lava

This game looks awesome. The idea that I can decide when and how to engage enemies is awesome. Not to mention that Ellie will respond to what you are doing accordingly is awesome. The idea that she didn't throw the brick until you were out of ammo was a really cool thing, and it seems like that could work completely differently if you perhaps didn't run out of ammo. This game seems incredibly interesting and I hope the entire thing turns out awesome.

CTBThaFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CTBThaFuture

This game looks cold ass hell to bad it ain't coming out untill 2013.

Jawshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jawshua

I really want to see the alternate playthrough with stealth

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.