Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Last of Us has Multiplayer

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Thanks for the upload. I haven't been this excited for a game in a while, and I'm not even a big fan of the Uncharted series.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nilazz

If I don't remember completely wrong, they already said there won't be any coop.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackLagoon

Capture the bullet?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By N7

Dude mutliplayer is going to be nuts. The sheer potential alone is insane.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Hmm...err, OK. I've made it a habit to not completely jump to conclusions should multiplayer be announced for what is otherwise largely promoted as a single-player experience, so I'm going to hold my tongue and wait to see what they have in store. Maybe it could be something super original? If it'll just be some ''MUTANTS VS HUMANS - FIGHT!'', then fuck that. I don't think it's coop, or at the very least won't be in the main game, since they've been adamant in saying that the campaign won't feature coop - or at least that Ellie won't be playable.

It'll surely be separate whatever it is, but it better be something that's completely out of left field since Last of Us is one such game that really doesn't come across as something that needed some sort of added multiplayer fluff.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@Anwar: Yeah, I feel like the AC series, and Mass Effect 3, are the perfect examples to showcase how adding in MP for the more unorthodox games--aka something that isn't a shooter--isn't always just a waste of time. Best case scenario, if it does turn out to be bleh, could be that it's like Dead Space 2 where the multiplayer's there, and it's not particularly great, but it doesn't detract from the single player in any way.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngelN7

I'm sure it won't be a horde mode that wouldn't make sense in a world with few resources , but I can see them going into some scavenge hunt some sort of co-op in wich you and other players team up to gather resources for the surviving camp by avoiding or dealing in some way with the infected and other humans since bullets, guns and med kits are scarce so it should be interesting.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Mushir

Let's not jump to conclusions. We're talking about Naughty Dog here. They're some of the best in the business. And I really love multiplayer in the Uncharted games, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. But still, I'll buy the game for the story, as will most others I assume.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee

I have to admit, there are an astonishingly small amount of replies to this thread given the title O_o

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Kierkegaard

Color me intrigued. I'm more interested in the story beats revealed there than the multiplayer since they had some substance. Some altruistic factions and more survivors makes this sound less like the road and more like a real community coming out of hardship. I like the sound of that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Justin258

I came in here expecting the beginnings of a shitstorm.

Instead, as of this writing there are a lot of ...reasonable answers? On the internet!? Damn. Maybe we are making some sort of progress.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AngelN7

@Yummylee said:

I have to admit, there are an astonishingly small amount of replies to this thread given the title O_o

Wait you actually want people going " OMG! this game is ruined! multiplayer is gonna suck! Naughty Dog is the new EA Rawwwr!" ?.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Yummylee

@AngelN7 said:

@Yummylee said:

Wait you actually want people going " OMG! this game is ruined! multiplayer is gonna suck! Naughty Dog is the new EA Rawwwr!" ?.

...I never said I wanted it, I'm just surprised - astonished even that they're not... yet.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Phatmac

This was already confirmed in the GI cover. Interested to see what the multiplayer is all about.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Cloudenvy

@believer258 said:

Instead, as of this writing there are a lot of ...reasonable answers? On the internet!? Damn. Maybe we are making some sort of progress.

To be fair, we already went through this whole shitstorm when it got announced that Uncharted 2 had multiplayer.

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By mutley

That could be really cool.

Like all players have a very limited number of bullets and you have to deal opponents through other means than shooting in a kind of free-for-all match.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Yummylee said:

Considering how my response was "Huh...co-op?..." I didn't think it was worth a comment. But now that I'm here I guess that's kind of interesting? Considering the nature of the game I would've thought it was some along the lines of co-op at the very least but I don't know. I'm not sure what to expect from the multiplayer. Either way so long as it doesn't take anything away from the singleplayer I'm fine with that.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Yummylee

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

To be fair, we already went through this whole shitstorm when it got announced that Uncharted 2 had multiplayer.

People got pissy even when Uncharted 2 was announced to have multiplayer? That was one game I remember specifically thinking that it would do well with multiplayer as well. I thought the same about BioShock too, though while it did work, I got in too late when it mostly impenetrable with a community filled with high level players and such.

Uncharted 2 proved me right at least, and it along with Uncharted 3 are some of the most fun I've had playing online. Though to be fair, I don't play a lot of online..

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It could be awesome if it was similar to Day Z in structure.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Yummylee said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

People got pissy even when Uncharted 2 was announced to have multiplayer? That was one game I remember specifically thinking that it would do well with multiplayer as well. I thought the same about BioShock too, though while it did work, I got in too late when it mostly impenetrable with a community filled with high level players and such.

Uncharted 2 proved me right at least, and it along with Uncharted 3 are some of the most fun I've had playing online. Though to be fair, I don't play a lot of online..

It was the very generic response to any singleplayer only game getting multiplayer! "OH GOD why are you taking people off of the singleplayer to make multiplayer. Now the singleplayer is going to be worse oh god I hate videogames!!" You know, that kind of thing.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Zereta

@N7 said:

Dude mutliplayer is going to be nuts. The sheer potential alone is insane.

Which is what scares me. They could do something completely unique. Or they could do the same old shit everyone does.

Jeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jeric

This actually makes me more excited. Pretty sure ND could pull this off without ruining the tone of the game's universe.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Deusx

I'm ok with Co-op but competitive multiplayer... no. Please no.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I can see the generic regular deathmatch and CTF modes in there but the infected/mutant/monster/whatever creatures are roaming the map. Also not the most original idea.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By DarthOrange
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Goddamn you EA, you ruined Naughty Dog toooooo!

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BBQBram

Well it's easy to be skeptical, but we simply don't know. The devs are probably way too proud of their game to tack on some lackluster mode at the publisher's command. Even if they didn't envision originally I'm sure they'd want it to be as ambitious as the single player. High hopes.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Wait, this was announced months ago? Huh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.