Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Last of Us Single Player DLC

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SomberOwl

Man I keep forgetting this game has DLC still in the works. I just recently beat it again a week ago and am pretty darn excited for it.

http://kotaku.com/the-last-of-us-story-dlc-is-a-prequel-starring-ellie-1464917247

Anyone else still want to play more Last of Us? Or has it's buzz passed for you? Hopefully early 2014 mean January or February as there are not too many games I plan on getting until March.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Definitely looking forward to it. I'm done with the multiplayer and won't be getting whatever MP DLC they have in the works but more single player is welcome.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Seriously had no idea this existed at all, weird.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Yes. The idea that it'll be set before the game as Ellie implies heavily that it'll be completely combat-less, which even as someone that loves TLoU's combat, it's nice to see this DLC will offer something a lot more focussed on exploration and running away from the enemy.

Though there's always the possibility that you actually play as the best friend.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to the DLC, though isn't it the story from the comic? I really want to play it but I thought that they would do something else.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @disaya said:

I'm looking forward to the DLC, though isn't it the story from the comic? I really want to play it but I thought that they would do something else.

I too would have wished they used this opportunity to follow someone like Marlene or Tommy for example, if not a whole new character, but more Ellie is always something I can get behind!

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

I just read American Dreams and Riley is a cool character, it seems that her rebellious nature rubs off on Ellie as she seems way more timid at the beginning of that book. I will not be surprised if this DLC will end in a bad place.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust

@disaya said:

@gunstarred said:

I just read American Dreams and Riley is a cool character, it seems that her rebellious nature rubs off on Ellie as she seems way more timid at the beginning of that book. I will not be surprised if this DLC will end in a bad place.

Personally I think it will feature the episode where Riley and Ellie were bitten. This one wasn't in the comics, and is referenced in the game. It would be cool in a kind of retrospect on the whole story.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @disaya said:

I too would have wished they used this opportunity to follow someone like Marlene or Tommy for example, if not a whole new character, but more Ellie is always something I can get behind!

I think DLC on Marlene, Bill, Ish, even Tess would have been really great. But more Ellie is great too.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By RVonE

Yep. More Ellie!

thebarrylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thebarrylad

I'm down with whatever they release but I also think it's weird to go with a pair of characters who already have their own comic series together - Joel and Tommy parting ways would have been a much more interesting direction, in my opinion. But hey, I'm sure this'll rock.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I cannot f'ing wait. I really hope they show the story of Ellie getting bitten and not turning. I think that'd be brilliant.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hatking

I've only finally just gotten back into the game, and what has become a really popular mindset, I'm only now totally fucking falling in love this this game. I've been working on my backlog the past few weeks. And I've been regularly checking howlongtobeat.com to find out the time commitment these games require. The Last of Us is the first time I've checked that site because I kind of don't want the experience to end. I'm having too much of a good time with these characters, this environment, the progression system, and even the combat has grown on me a lot. I really don't know what I didn't see before. Maybe I was taking the wrong approach. This game seems like it was meant to be played methodically, even on the lower difficulty settings it's more enjoyable to pace yourself, walk, search, and be careful during the combat.

I'm usually pretty skeptical about DLC adding to single player content when the narrative is so character and plot driven. I'd just hate to see that compromised. But if it's what @spraynardtatum suggests, and it shows the events surrounding Ellie's bite, then I am totally down. There's plenty to work with there, and I think I trust Naughty Dog to do it with tact.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.