Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Left Behind details - a more playful take on The Last of Us

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Gamespot released an article about the expansion: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/last-of-us-single-player-dlc-will-feel-playful-compared-to-main-game/1100-6417114/?ttag=mkt_lastofus_weeklyemail_sub&ftag=MKT8857738

Apparently it will focus more in two friends hanging out in a post-apocalyptic setting and having fun.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Fun times for all!
    Fun times for all!

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pr1mus

Fun by TLoU standards is probably pretty fucking grim anyway.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Left Behind is a terrible name. It brings to mind those terrible novels and Kirk Cameron.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ellie needs more clothes! She can't survive in the Winter like that!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

kirk cameron is ellie mcellie in The Left Behind of Us

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Klei

I'm not really interested, truth be told. I loved TLoU to death, but I don't see myself playing a 1-2h long DLC. Especially since TLoU took it's sweet-ass time to estbalish its gameplay. It's not really worth it to me, on paper at least.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hatking

@hailinel said:

Left Behind is a terrible name. It brings to mind those terrible novels and Kirk Cameron.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has PTSD from that shit. Buh.

Hopefully this is so good that I no longer can associate the words "left behind" with that condescending dribble.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hailinel said:

The book series wasn't that terrible. At least it's got nothing on the video game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

I'm not really interested, truth be told. I loved TLoU to death, but I don't see myself playing a 1-2h long DLC. Especially since TLoU took it's sweet-ass time to estbalish its gameplay. It's not really worth it to me, on paper at least.

I'm assuming they won't spend much of any time with tutorials in this. But honestly,I'm not quite sure how they'll handle this, since this is a prequel with an inexperienced Ellie.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm curious to see how it pans out. I quite liked the small comic series that acted as a prequel to The Last of Us.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@klei said:

I'm assuming they won't spend much of any time with tutorials in this. But honestly,I'm not quite sure how they'll handle this, since this is a prequel with an inexperienced Ellie.

There's always the possibility that you'll control Riley, but If you do play as Ellie, combat is almost assured to be non-existent I would think, with it instead purely focusing on story with the odd puzzle. Which seems fine by me, even as someone that considers TLoU's combat to be superb.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flappy said:

Ellie needs more clothes! She can't survive in the Winter like that!

Don't go outside without your jacket on you'll catch a cold!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

@zeik said:

@klei said:

There's always the possibility that you'll control Riley, but If you do play as Ellie, combat is almost assured to be non-existent I would think, with it instead purely focusing on story with the odd puzzle. Which seems fine by me, even as someone that considers TLoU's combat to be superb.

I wouldn't say it would be non-existent. Ellie makes several quips early in TLOU about being good with a gun or bow, meaning she's used one before. The main difference would be that she would have to have a much more limited arsenal .

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Until the end when they sucker punch you and Riley probably dies

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yummylee

@zeik said:

@yummylee said:

@zeik said:

@klei said:

I wouldn't say it would be non-existent. Ellie makes several quips early in TLOU about being good with a gun or bow, meaning she's used one before. The main difference would be that she would have to have a much more limited arsenal .

Ellie's very first kill happens during The Last of Us, so there won't be any combat against human enemies at least. I suppose combat against the infected is possible, but I wouldn't think so. I would wager that her skills with weapons was built from being trained by Marlene and not direct combat, or she may have been making it up all along just to make Joel feel more comfortable in letting her use a gun.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By spraynardtatum

Ashley Johnson was Chrissy in the show Growing Pains, she is Ellie in TLOU. The new DLC for TLOU is called Left Behind which was the title of a movie starring Kirk Cameron. Kirk Cameron was Mike Seaver, Chrissy's older brother, on the show Growing Pains.

Coincidence?

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Ashley Johnson was Chrissy in the show Growing Pains, she is Ellie in TLOU. The new DLC for TLOU is called Left Behind which was the title of a movie starring Kirk Cameron. Kirk Cameron was Mike Seaver, Chrissy's older brother, on the show Growing Pains.

Coincidence?

Illuminati

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Nolan North be in this one?

thebarrylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thebarrylad

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.