Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

My Emotions! My Emotions! (possible spoilers - be warned)

Strider57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strider57

Has anybody else's stomach hurt through the entirety of a single-player campaign before? Because this was easily the most emotionally taxing story I have played through. I couldn't get a moment's rest throughout the whole thing. And only at the end did I finally receive a small moment of relief before I thought it about it some more and felt like s**t again.

Seriously. Did this game have such a large effect on you too?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely. And I'm sure that it was intentional.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

... one of my favourite movies of all time, if not my favourite is Requiem for a Dream. It is a movie that by the end of it, I felt emotionally wrecked and I'll probably never have the heart to watch it again.

I feel exactly the same way about The Last of Us - but it wasn't an overbearing, fist to the stomach type feeling like Requiem for a Dream, it was more... intellectual. More insidious. The ending took me a while just to get my head around how I felt about it, and even longer for me to respect just how fucked up it is (depending on how you look at it).

While playing TLoU, I couldn't play it for long before I just had to put it down, simply because the game was so grim. Despite how much I like the core gameplay of it, this game is not fun. It isn't inviting. It isn't even enjoyable a lot of the time. But it is masterfully done. I actually think that in terms of story and some of the core mechanics, The Last of Us has pushed the whole medium forward.

So yes, I certainly had a near constant emotional reaction to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.