Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Preordered on PSN before price drop? You're out $10.

• 51 results
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#51 MattyFTM  Moderator

@seppli said:

@pezen said:

@seppli: Hey man, I don't appreciate the assumption that I'm an idiot that haven't browsed digital markets before. So to provice some actual numbers;

Watch_Dogs PSN Digital Deluxe Edition: 719 SEK

Warch_Dogs PSN Classic Edition: 639 SEK

Watch_Dogs as a retail disc: 535 SEK

As said, it's cheaper here to go disc. And searching for Destiny on the PSN marketplace only reveales the preorder one at 704 SEK which retails at 599 SEK (including beta access). So there you have it. Again. The only time PSN is even remotely close to regular retail prices is Killzone Shadow Fall. There it's cheaper than some places, but still not the cheapest alternative. I am not really sure why this is, but that's the way it is.

Ahjo - I guess it's varies depending on country. Maybe Sweden has some kind of protective tax on digitally distributed games - or Sweden's PSN dudes are just behind the curb in comparison to other places.

Generally what happens in most places is that retailers cut prices in order to compete with each other, whilst digital is always at full price around launch. Here in the UK £55 is the RRP for most games, and that's the price of new retail games when you buy them digitally. But if you walk into an actual store (or online store like Amazon), you'll rarely pay more than £40, because all the retailers are slashing their prices to compete with each other.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@dixavd:

"it helps me prepare for a game coming out"

hope that was worth $10

also:

> preordering digital games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.