Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Season Pass DLC details.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Finally, Naughty Dog have started to open up about the upcoming three packs of DLC for The Last of Us. As stated, there'll be both single-player and multiplayer offers; the first, slated to released on 15th of October, will be a multiplayer map pack.

Most intriguing of all will be the single-player pack to follow, which looks like it's to star a whole new character. They're only just about to start the motion-capture process now, so unfortunately there'll be quite a wait -- estimated to be released within the December-January time-frame.

And then it'll finally end with another multiplayer pack, though from the sound of things it'll be perhaps be an additional mode or two, instead of being just another map pack. Also, they're throwing in a bunch of new hats free of charge for all Season Pass holders, so that's cool too.

Still, I've kinda fallen off the multiplayer for The Last of Us unfortunately. I enjoyed my time with it a lot, but I had seen all there was to be seen and it all started to feel a bit repetitive. Though maybe these new maps will entice me a little more. Really excited for whatever new story stuff they've got brewing, however. Sucks that it has to be released Post-PS4 launch, when most may have simply moved on from their PS3 (if they haven't already, course). But eh, I'm sure I won't be the only one who'll be leaving a few months in between the launch and when I actually decide to get one of dem shiny, new black boxes. That and I'm sure I'll still have my PS3 all set up regardless of owning a PS4 alongside it.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I should finish Last of Us

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pr1mus

Not interested in more multiplayer. I played more of it than any other multiplayer in the last couple years but i'm good. Besides i guess GTA V will be my multiplayer of choice for the next couple months and if that don't do it i don't think any other games will.

More single player is what i'm interested in so i'm waiting for that one.

@yummylee said:

Sucks that it has to be released Post-PS4 launch, when most may have simply moved on from their PS3 (if they haven't already, course). But eh, I'm sure I won't be the only one who'll be leaving a few months in between the launch and when I actually decide to get one of dem new, shiny black boxes. That and I'm sure I'll still have my PS3 all set up regardless of owning a PS4 alongside it.

I don't think this is really a problem for most people in the grand scheme of things. I think the earliest i've owned a new console was a year and a half after launch with the PS3. I've been playing mostly on PC for the last couple years and yet have no problem going back to my PS3 for something as good as The Last of Us or GTA V.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I wish they had rolled out the new mode(s) dlc (assuming that is what it is) first, then the additional maps later. New maps are not enough to get me back into the multiplayer. Though it will make it less tedious for when/if I come back to it for the platinum trophy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

@yummylee: I doubt everyone moves on from PS3 that quickly. Ain't shit to play on the new consoles for quite a while.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Interested in single player dlc just like up coming dlc for Bio Infinite. That really could be the deciding factor in which game ends up at the top of my GotY list.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Ramone

I can't wait for the single player stuff. I've just started playing through it again on Survivor and I'd love to see what else Naughty Dog can do in that universe.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@demoskinos said:

@yummylee: I doubt everyone moves on from PS3 that quickly. Ain't shit to play on the new consoles for quite a while.

Yup. I'm increasingly thinking about just cancelling my PS4 and Xbox One preorders. I don't really care about much on PS4 until inFamous, and Titanfall will probably be the first thing I really want to play on Xbox One. Plenty of stuff on current gen and PC to hold me over until then, including single player DLC for two of the year's best games (BioShock Infinite and Last of Us).

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By emfromthesea

So has anyone else checked out the first dlc pack? That being the 4 new maps.

I jumped into a few games earlier, and I think the maps are fine. There's not really anything inventive or new about them, compared to the main game maps, but the layout suits the game modes and they look just as good as the other maps. I think if you're still interested in that multiplayer this will be a great addition, but for someone like me who burned out on the multiplayer a couple weeks after the game came out, it's not going to pull me back in.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By spraynardtatum

I thought the Uncharted 3 season pass was pretty spotty so I haven't grabbed the Last of Us season pass. I'm going to wait and see what the story stuff turns out being.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

As much as people complain about it I prefer day one DLC over this. Both Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite are taking quite a while with their expansions, and to be quite honest as much as I enjoyed both of those games at time of release, I simply don't care that much anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.