Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Stalkers - (Warning Possible Spoilers!)

Rikka_Hyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, as the title suggests. I want to talk about the Stalkers.

How many have people seen? I mean aside from when you get separated from Ellie in the hotel and need to turn the generator on (3 there I believe)

I ask this because I completed the game last night, and was reading through my stats. I saw that I had killed 0 Stalkers at all, and couldn't remember fighting any, at all. Let alone if they looked any different. A quick Google search tells me I'm dumb though and that they are around.

I'm wondering if I start up a game on NGP, or on a harder difficulty(Not normal), will more appear?

Anyone else play on the harder difficulties have any info to share?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I can only remember encountering them in the section you mentioned, though I didn't even realise they were stalkers. It's hard to say, because I'm guessing any stalkers I came across I probably mistook for Runners.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The strategy guide says they are found in Pittsburgh and The Suburbs.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

The stat I can see on this list is "Stalker stealth kills" - not straight up Stalkers killed.

Note, stalkers are supposedly half way between normal infected and clickers - they walk around instead of standing there crying and can see you, so they're the hardest to stealth kill outside of normal people. I've got 0 stalker stealth kills too, because I'm pretty sure I blew away like 75% of the infected I ever met.

Still, if you're into the whole stealth thing (I tend to be about 50/50), it'd be a fun challenge for NG+ I guess. I also have 0 defensive clicker shivs (because after early game, I never got grabbed by a clicker again anyway, despite me investing in that skill... ah well, those 75 pills weren't really needed anyway).

Rikka_Hyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: Ahh fair enough, I couldn't remember the exact stat (Not being sat in front of the console right now).

I managed to stealth a fairly good chunk of the game, though after the Separation within the sewers I ended up just throwing caution to the wind and just using a bottle to attract 3-4+ to one area, just to then throw a Molotov on them...Good times :D

As for shivving the clickers? I got that upgrade pretty late and only used it once, during the dorm section of UEC, I hadn't realized just how many there were down there, or that there was a Bloater. Ended up killing everything, and running from that, no more flamethrower ammo :(

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikka_hyou: haha - yeah, I think the primary use of shivs in that game for me was Clickers and doors. I almost ran out of shivs in that University. (I don't think I shived a single human in the game, just choked them out - not including when you're playing as ellie of course)

But yeah - the flamethrower and shotgun/hand-cannon are my favourite anti-infected weapons. Those sewers boiled down to me accidentally being seen by one of the infected followed by a mounting pile of corpses in front of me thanks to the mountains of hand-cannon ammo they dropped.

Rikka_Hyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: Haha, brilliant. That was normally the way, get spotted, then die, or run away and blow them all to hell, either worked! Though I still prefer the burning infected, their screams bring the others closer so that I can in turn, burn them as well!

Though yeah, I think I got all the doors, bar one as I hit the button to shiv someone instead of strangle by accident, damned annoying that was, some of those rooms were incredibly worth it mind.

Swirle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I saw them maybe once? the entire game. Boxed me in a corridor with only one way out to progress. A few blats and corpses later, progression was made, and I don't think I actually saw them again haha

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rikka_hyou: For me, I think it was the second or third locked room - just after you find out you can upgrade melee weapons, so I had run out of blades and it was just after you had to kill 2 clickers.

I think I got every other one (yup, double checking there are 11 shiv doors and I have opened 10).

But yeah, Flamethrower is effing OP against infected. I think it one-hit-kills everything but Bloaters? Fantastic weapon, especially with the range upgrade. Then again, I only ever killed 1 bloater (the one you're forced to fight) - every single other one I snuck past.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i kinda liked them. just the part of me that say O FUCK CLICKERS!!! just to understand that they are only half way there. not so hard to kill and can still shake em off. i 2 dont think i managed to stealth kill them. i remember in the sewers when your stuck with just sam, they would like run around just taunting you... hard to stealth them.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@rikka_hyou: I saw about four on normal. Did you not see any in the train tunnels just before the firefly mission starts?

Rikka_Hyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: No, I think I ballsed that section up as I went to stealth kill and managed to miss a runner, alerted them all so I had to end up burning them all up, didn't see any difference during :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.