Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Last of Us

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jun 14, 2013

Joel and Ellie must survive in a post-apocalyptic world where a deadly parasitic fungus infects people's brains in this PS3 exclusive third-person action-adventure game from Naughty Dog.

Thanks Brad!

johnsublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I could never get excited for Last of Us in the long period from the first VGA trailer to its release. After it was showered with 10/10s me and a group of friends thought we'd pick it up and check it out. We got hooked by the opening but found ourselves getting bored quickly after.

A lot of the problem for me was in the interest of group compromise we played it on Normal rather than Hard, and also taking it turns watching my friends waste resources after clumsily making it through a sequence or spending our capsules on upgrades I didn't want (MORE HEALTH. WHAT A BLOODY WASTE) it made the experience rather shallow and all the more gamey. It felt more like a claustrophobic Uncharted than anything else.

At the time I didn't put it down to these reasons. I put it down to the game. But in one of the Bombcasts near the end of last year Brad voiced how the game is at it's best on Hard in the dark alone. And also how it picks up a lot pretty much exactly where we stopped playing.

Because of this I thought I'd grab it off my mate and play through it again on Hard in ze dark. No longer was I anchored by group voting when it came to upgrades or resource use and I felt comfortable to take the game at my own pace, acting sensible as I felt necessary through all the encounters and making sure to stop for those scarce moments of calm and take the world and it's wonderful characters in.

And I adored it. The story can stand on its own hence the popularity of those youtube videos you see of just the cutscenes, but man playing it like I did made it one of the most tense, visceral and exciting games I've ever played.

So thank you Bradley. Thank you for inadvertently making sure I didn't miss out on one of my greatest experiences in this generation.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps brad is bad at games

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mercutio123

To contradict something positive about Brad. I just listened to the 2011 GOTY podcast and FUCK YOU BRAD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.