Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

Link Between Worlds Gold 3DS XL

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dreamfall31

Anyone get the gold 3DS XL that they release with A Link Between Worlds? I'm finally going to get a 3DS XL after this recent surge of games has come to the system. I finally played one in person for the first time and thought it was fantastic. I kinda want to get one a limited edition themed system as I've never done it. I havent gotten a color variant system since the N64 and I am unsure if I'll want the gold with the tri-force 3DS XL.

Anyone get it and love it? Is it TOO gold?

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DiamondDog

I actually just got mine today. It is rather gold, but not annoyingly so. It makes quite a nice contrast with the black on the back too.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm actually curious about this too, as I'm also in the market for a 3DS

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I got mine on Friday. It's definitely gold but it's not obnoxiously gold. And the triforce is fairly subtle on both the gold side and the black side. I'm really happy with it. Also the game is outstanding.

murgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By murgen

I got one over the weekend, too. It is gold, but it's not reflective or distracting.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Glad to hear good things. I'm definately leaning towards getting it, I'm just not sure if 100% cool with the inside being gold too.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up the gold one this past weekend and it's great. I can't compare it to anything else, but have had no issues. It's like a matte gold that doesn't reflect light or anything.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Samaritan

Bought one for a 3DS-less friend of mine, and it actually looks a lot better in person than it does in the pictures. It looks kind of washed out online, but it's a very attractive, medium gold color in person. It's pretty bright, but it's not really distracting. It's a very attractive system to behold in person, especially with the subtle Triforce pattern.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been seeing you post these pictures up in different threads, and everytime I see them, I get an instant boner.

Diablos1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Diablos1125

Guys I have a question, I just got the new Gold Nintendo 3DS XL and I wanted to transfer everything from my Old 3DS. I stupidly started installing LoZ: A Link Between Worlds via Download code and forgot about the 3DS transfer tool. My 2 questions are, does the transfer tool work from 3Ds to 3DS XL, and if I do transfer, I am aware it will remove everything from the old DS but will it also Delete the new Zelda Game that I just downloaded to my new Gold 3DS XL?

Lothars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diablos1125: did you associate your club nintendo code with the new system? if you did than you should be fine. The transfer tool takes everything from the old one but I don't think it removes anything from the new system.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey gurl
    hey gurl

Guys I have a question, I just got the new Gold Nintendo 3DS XL and I wanted to transfer everything from my Old 3DS. I stupidly started installing LoZ: A Link Between Worlds via Download code and forgot about the 3DS transfer tool. My 2 questions are, does the transfer tool work from 3Ds to 3DS XL, and if I do transfer, I am aware it will remove everything from the old DS but will it also Delete the new Zelda Game that I just downloaded to my new Gold 3DS XL?

Diablos1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Diablos1125

The links confirm that I can transfer from 3DS to 3DS XL but don't mention if games are wiped from the new 3DS XL. I have linked my club Nintendo account but I am not sure if that is going to save me since it's a reward points system and not necessarily tied to an actual all-in-one account. I imagine this is why people lose their games when they do this despite having an account. If this link is correct then everything on the new target system gets wiped :(

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-3DS-XL-/Transfer-between-Nintendo-3DS-systems-including-Nintendo-3DS-XL-/Understanding-the-transfer-process/Understanding-the-transfer-process-242847.html

After rereading it, this line here actually gives me some hope. Maybe all I have to do is redownload if both shops are integrated into one?

"After the transfer, downloaded software or save data which was stored on the SD Card of the target system can no longer be used. This means that any content you have already downloaded to your new system will be overwritten when you transfer data from your old system. However, as the Nintendo eShop accounts are integrated into one during the transfer, software can be re-downloaded from Nintendo eShop."

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need that device in my life, and put it next to the other one.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking about picking up one this Thanksgiving weekend. Target tweeted yesterday that the Zelda 3DS XL bunduru will be on sale for $150 from 11/28-11/30. God, what a sexy device.

With all this XBox One and PS4 brew ha ha, I end up buying a Wii U Zelda set and now a 3DS XL? Bananas.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

If it wasn't for the fugly Triforce I think that would be my favourite colour next to them making a purple 3DSXL. As is always the case with my shitty luck, I bought the 3DSXL a few months before they started making more colours than the fugly blue/red ones so I'm stuck with a blue. As I said though, I would kill for them to make that regular 3DS that's purple into a 3ds xl. My Gameboy Colour was purple and I would love to continue the trend.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By peritus
    No Caption Provided

Its no Pikachu edition, but it still looks great!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.