Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 22, 2013

The first original The Legend of Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS and also a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past set six generations after.

So, I finished the game yesterday, what to play next?

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just finished LBW yesterday. Deffo the best game I have played on my 3DS....anyone got any suggestions as to what to check out next?

I already have Mario Land 3D (am about half way through the special stages, but getting a bit fed up with it)

Also already got Luigi's Mansion.. Think I am roughly 3/4 way through that, but feel like I have lost a bit of interest in that, as haven't really been back to it for a few weeks now.

Is New Super Mario Bros 2 worth it? (I can imagine I will get about half way through and lose interest, as I did with the 1st one)

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Fire Emblem

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Luigi's Mansion is really a long dragged out experences. Once your off the wagon it's almost impossible to jump back on.

You know, I keep street passing with Monster Hunter 3, Fire Emblem and Pokemon players. I'd recomend that, but personally for me, it's Pushmo and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

3D Land is pretty good, Luigi's Mansion 2 is repetitive and dull and NSMB2 is a bad game. I wouldn't play the second two and if you're burning out on 3D Land I would trust your instincts. Is all you have a Wii U and 3DS? Well in any case I guess I'll point you to Pikmin 3. That game is rad.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BisonHero  Online

@crithon said:

Luigi's Mansion is really a long dragged out experences. Once your off the wagon it's almost impossible to jump back on.

The third "mansion" just totally blows (the desert clock factory thing). I stopped playing the game once I finished it, but when I finally came back, to my surprise the 4th mansion is only like 3 missions long. The 5th mansion is regular length, but I think it was a more interesting environment.

That game's biggest problem is that they pad out each mansion too much. I can forgive the first mansion having 5 missions because the first couple are quite short and tutorial-y (and the 5th mission adds spider webs and is the only time you get to see the attic, so that's still new content). But the 2nd and 3rd mansion both have one final mission (right before the boss) that is completely unnecessary, where you've already seen all the rooms in that mansion, but that asshole ghost dog steals your MacGuffin and you have to fucking chase him across half the mansion again for no good reason. The 4th mansion actually has an appropriate number of missions (3, and they all do something different), and the 5th mansion had 5 missions I think, but I don't remember it wasting my time in the way that the 2nd and 3rd mansions did.

Also, the bonus mission you unlock for each mansion is super lame, because they just get you to run around fighting ghosts for a couple minutes, and that's the mission. There is nothing interesting or custom about those bonus missions, and they're a crap reward, given that you need to collect...something to unlock them (I totally forget the requirements). I think you had to get all the Boos in a mansion to get the bonus mission?

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutly without a doubt play Fire Emblem - Awakeing.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

If you like 2D platformers forget NSMBU 2 and check out Mighty Switch Force/Mighty Switch Force 2. They are both very good little platformers avaiable on the eshop. Unfortunately on the shorter side, but I played through the first four times and currently running through the second one again. The music is incredible and the platforming is really tight. Definitely consider them! Though if you really want something that will last maybe wait for a sale and get something else now.

As many said before me you can't go wrong with Fire Emblem, not only will it last a long time. Its also a really good, challenging game.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minish Cap.

Avatar image for midnightsandwich
    midnightsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Saboteur.

MadsWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fire Emblem Awakeing, Pokemon X/Y or Animal Crossing New Leaf

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BisonHero  Online

@brenderous said:

Minish Cap.

Still not on the eShop for purchase, so OP would have to dig out his GBA/DS/DS Lite, then buy the cart from Amazon.

Or use an emulator.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers for all the suggestions guys. Much appreciated. Going to check out fire Emblem I think :)

I've been doing most of my gaming on PC over the past 12 months or so (I also have a 360), but I enjoy the 3DS, as it's cool to have a little bit of a game in bed of an evening.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: yikes. I got the game around July, I'm still in the second mansion. It's a wonderful idea and concept, but man just putting it back and reading all the talking..... You know I don't mind text when it's witty and well written like Animal Crossing. It's a shame, I really want to love this game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BisonHero  Online

@crithon: Oh yeah, I totally agree about the dialogue; E. Gadd is way too fucking hand-holdy. It's Zelda Syndrome all over the place. Like, the moment you A) accomplish anything, or B) encounter something unexpected, E. Gadd has to call you and explain exactly what to do next, because deary me, we can't just have the player deduce on their own that if some ghosts stole some gears, you have to go look for those fucking gears.

It's like they're afraid the player is pants-on-head retarded, but look, if the player is old enough to read that interminable E. Gadd text (so let's say they're at least 7 or 8 years old), they're smart enough to know how to solve most of the fairly simple puzzles in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. The first Luigi's Mansion had some puzzles whose solutions were far more obtuse.

E. Gadd is lucky that his ring tone is so awesome.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: hehe, Just leave the ring tone playing.

It stinks there's no immediate especially for a portable game. Just have to redo the chapter all over again if you come back to it, including the dialog. When the game is good, it's excellent, then it's just these whole hurdles "Oh wait, you discovered this." or "Oh wait new ghost." Because the graphics and animation are really wonderful so much charm in Luigi doing the mundane things. When it's at it's best it's really remarkable, blah, I want to love this game. It's not the worst just, just feels so annoying to come back to it.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm playing Fire Emblem right now. It's fantastic. Give it a shot!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.