Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Nov 21, 1991

The third installment in the Zelda series makes a return to the top-down 2D gameplay of the original. Link must travel between the Light and Dark Worlds in order to set things right in the kingdom of Hyrule.

First time, heart pieces are stressing me out...

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never got to play this as a kid, but I wanted to finally get it off my pile of shame. Trying it without a guide, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm constantly missing heart pieces. Everytime the game tells me to go somewhere I feel like I should be searching the entire map looking for these things. Any advice on this or any other tips?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

There aren't any missable items in Link to the Past, so don't stress over it too much. Maybe jot down the ones you do get in case you decide to go back over with a guide for the ones you missed. But the game's totally beatable without all of them for a first timer, just stock up on potions or faeries if you're having trouble. Most heart pieces are gated by requiring a certain item to get anyway.

aleryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By aleryn

My tip is not to worry about the heart pieces and just enjoy the game. You'll get enough from boss victories.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome, I think I'll take all that advice and just play the game. I wasn't sure how critical they were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.