Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Anyone else avoiding combat in this game?

• 57 results
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

The item degradation and reliance on cooking/foraging take this game from a 10 to a 7 for me...and the consistent frame rate issues don't help either. There's a fun game in Breath of the Wild that is hidden behind endless hours of absolute bullshit and wasted time. I'm going to be honest here: Skyward Sword was a better zelda game than Breath of the Wild is because of those three things mentioned above.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@noboners: I was wondering why I found a couple of those seemingly randomly once! I know you can hold a torch under an apple hanging from a tree to do it, but didn't know about the box bit.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been avoiding combat but it's not because of the durability system. I just don't enjoy the combat enough to seek out fights. I enjoy choosing which weapon to fight and how I approach a group of enemies, but the aspects of the melee combat like dodging, blocking, parrying, I'm just not into. The most fun I've had is using runes, different arrow types, and elemental weapons to toy with enemies.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Just adding to the discussion here: As you defeat more enemies it causes higher and higher tiers of enemies to start spawning in the world. Those enemies have better weapons and also drop better weapons randomly when they are defeated.

Avatar image for theegravedigger
    TheeGravedigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm enjoying using the bombs to kill enemies, since they're infinite, though slow to recharge.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

@xeiphyer:

Is that what the Blood Moon thing is about? I never quite got what effect that had.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@wmoyer83 said:

@xeiphyer:

Is that what the Blood Moon thing is about? I never quite got what effect that had.

Can't promise this is entirely accurate, but Zelda's telepathic words about it seem to imply that's when the enemies respawn. Though I haven't checked to see for sure if camps remain unpopulated only until a blood moon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.