Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

New game play video !

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By shades846

The legend of zelda uk Facebook page has posted a new game play video for the WiiU version http://youtu.be/SECWlFInyFM it's on YouTube

shades846

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slow mo jump off and aim could get a little tiresome after a while ?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Looks pretty cool! I skipped Skyward Sword but I'm pretty excited about this one. Seems like they are on the right track.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Steadying

Wish they showed some sword gameplay, and the fact that it was just a cam video is really dumb, but otherwise cool video. Nice to be reassured it's releasing next year.....even if it's probably not until November-December.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Slow mo jump off and aim could get a little tiresome after a while ?

I doubt you have to do it every time you dismount; it's probably just when you're aiming and dismount.

I was pretty happy to see the map zoom out...hopefully they fill it with interesting stuff!

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bargainben

I like the common sense approach to mounts. Like, why hasn't a game thought before this that hey this animal has a mind of its own and isn't going to willingly get stuck on a rock or run into a tree.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Looks promising - when they zoomed the map out, there was an instant Skyrim vibe about it.

Also love how candid the video is - they're showing work in progress stuff and being very open about the whole process. Nintendo doing their own thing is definitely still a good thing.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I just hope they have something worthwhile to do in the open world. So far, it looks very tedious.

pickassoreborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@chiablo said:

I just hope they have something worthwhile to do in the open world. So far, it looks very tedious.

It's WIP, isn't it? Pray that they don't get Link to climb towers to unlock new stuff.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pickassoreborn: Pretty much my first thought when I saw that tower. That mechanic was cool in Far Cry 3, but I've grown to absolutely despise it since then. So over-done and silly at this point.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know what the big deal is about this new Zelda being suddenly 'open world'? Has Zelda not always been open world? I mean I've played Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker and both games had a world you could explore. To me, Zelda even started the whole trend of open world games.

But from what they've shown it looks good, not something that blows my mind though. Also; wanna bet this won't make it's 2015 release date? ;)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

It was cool to see it, and the slo-mo jump and shoot was pretty cool, but it wasn't anything particularly special. It's not like we haven't seen a big grassy open area and riding on horses in games before. The only thing separating it from the numerous other games where you can do this is that it's a Zelda game.

But y'know, it's a Zelda game. It'll probably be awesome.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravelle

I like that the title says working title while Nintendo usually keeps calling their games that.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to see it, but lets see if they break out of their Zelda formula anymore then just having a bigger world to explore. I haven't played Link Between Worlds, but I like the concept of tackling the dungeons in whatever order you want.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ripelivejam

I have faith ninty will do something new and potentially amazing with it. They seem to take unique spins on other games' tropes. Hoping this is more of a morphing of what zelda is kinda like ALBW was rather than total upheaval; i agree zelda needs some change but not trying to get 100% away from what the core of the game is.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@dussck said:

I don't know what the big deal is about this new Zelda being suddenly 'open world'? Has Zelda not always been open world? I mean I've played Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker and both games had a world you could explore. To me, Zelda even started the whole trend of open world games.

It's more about the fact that Nintendo indicated that "open world" means that they try to move out of the linear, Metroidvania-ish story and dungeon structure. They tested the waters with A Link Between Worlds.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a terribly interesting trailer. They really seem excited that you can look off in the distance and then run there. Are they not aware that you can do that in every other game that's been released in the last 5 years? It's not even that revolutionary for a Zelda game.

Was there nothing more interesting to tease than a horse that runs by itself.

zeo12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I applaude Geoff keighly for getting the sneak peak out of nintendo of japan but that looks super early and empty, (specailly after watching that uncharted 4 demo today) but hey i am glad that the goldeneye 64 fog its getting work these days.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I hate this kind of demo they did, I feel like they think we are really young or something. Also, why is this shot off screen?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.