Question about Amiibo Unlocks

#1 Posted by Kainin (7 posts) -

I had a question about the Amiibo unlocks. I understand that the only way to get your Wolf Link ally and Epona are through amiibo, but does anyone know about all the equipment unlocks? Like are they all available in some way in the world, even if it's monster grinding/farming? Don't want to dirty my game with a ton of amiibo uses if I don't have to.

I'm really trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible, so a simple yes or no type answer is all I'm looking for, otherwise I would just google it. Thanks for help.

#2 Posted by guthwulf (306 posts) -

Yeah the other stuff isn't unique AFAIK. It's pretty much a random drop of crafting items and sword /shield / bow depending on the amiibo.

#3 Posted by Kainin (7 posts) -

Are you sure? Looking at the Prima site, and a couple others I cannot find an in-game location for some of the amiibo armor sets.

This Gamespot article sounds like the truth. All the stuff I've gotten from amiibo has very weak defense.

"Many rare and unique armor sets can only be acquired through Amiibo, though it's worth noting that they're generally no more powerful than your starting gear and they're much, much more expensive (in terms of materials) to level up."

#4 Posted by Cerberus3Dog (785 posts) -

Nope.

The Ocarina of Time outfit and special equipment can only be unlocked through the Ocarina of Time amiibo. It's the same for the Wind Waker, 8-bit Zelda, and Smash Bros Twilight Link. I should say that these are really only for cosmetic appearances. They don't have a strong defense rating.

Here is a guide to the Amiibo out right now. http://imgur.com/a/QWNvr

#5 Posted by RetroMetal (457 posts) -

My daughter has the Link Amiibo that apparently unlocks the Epona and the Twilight set.

How do you use the Amiibo in BotW and when do you use it?

#6 Posted by Rejizzle (704 posts) -

@retrometal: There's an option in the menu you have to turn on for amiibo. I think it's just called "Turn amiibo functionality on." After that just touch the figure to the gamepad anytime you want to use it.

#7 Posted by RetroMetal (457 posts) -

@rejizzle: Oh cool. I have never used an Amiibo. lol

The only reason we own that Link is because my daughter is in love with the LoZ games and saw it in the store and I bought it for her.

#8 Edited by Cerberus3Dog (785 posts) -

@retrometal:

• You should make sure in the options that Amiibos are enabled in the game.
  • Press Up on the d-pad to select a power, there should be an Amiibo power you can select. Select it.
  • With the Amiibo power selected, press the Left bumper button, it should show a white circle on the ground in front of Link
  • Scan the amiibo over the sensor on your controller
#9 Posted by RetroMetal (457 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.