Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Returning to Zelda post Odyssey

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I've just finished up the last moon on Mario Odyssey and with the new DLC being released I'm looking to return to Breath of the Wild. I started it up yesterday, hit continue and found Link stood a top a mountain with not a clue where I was, or what I was doing.

I'm 50+ hours in, have opened up two of the divine beast dungeons but not actually done them.

Am I best of just restarting? Or should I be able to pick things back up after a few more hours of play with my current save?

Neurogia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

BotW by nature is a very open ended game. Personally, I would be cautious to wipe a 50+ hour save.

Mayhaps your quest journal might remind you which quest you were doing. Or maybe you were in the middle of farming materials for equipment upgrades or hunting out some shrines?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

No, don't do that! Power through an hour or two and it will all come back to you. If you need an objective, put a marker on Kakariko Village and just walk back there and by the time you're back, you'll know what you're doing.

Goboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mattbosten: Yeah, don't restart. My last save is right at the threshold to the final fight in the game and I had to walk just far outside the castles confines to get access to the map so I could teleport to where the new dlc starts. A word of warning, one of the shrines at the beginning of that dlc has an unnecessarily hard/fickle jump. You still need to beat the divine beasts just to get to the dlc so no point in throwing away the progress and time it takes just to get back to the point your already at. I had no issue picking up the controls after a few minutes of playing.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just go do the Zora Divine Beast immediately. It's the first one, it's very easy, gives you a new skill, and will point you in the next direction. Realistically, there are only about 5 major destinations in that game: the four Divine Beasts, and then the castle. Everything else in-between you will be directed towards, or near, by the Divine Beast stuff.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The loop of the game remains very similar in terms of doing shrines/looking for deku seeds/climbing towers; I'd just keep going because you'd be repeating fifty hours again and the game does very minimal tutorializing anyway

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 Dan_CiTi  Online

PLAY. THE. GAME.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You want to restart at 50+ hours? Dude, I finished BotW at around 35-40 hours mark. Just do it. It will take you no time to remember how to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.