Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

[RUMOR] Zelda: Breath of the Wild may miss Nintendo Switch launch

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alucitary

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-15-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-miss-nintendo-switch-launch

According to this Euro Gamer article there are rumors buzzing that we may not be getting Zelda with the Switch day one. While not totally unexpected, it really hurts my excitement for the Switch at launch. I'm all for delaying games, usually it means a better product overall, but in this particular case it seems somewhat unfortunate. Maybe it wont even matter though because the Switch is probably going to sell out regardless, considering Nintendo will probably only be shipping out like 5 consoles per store like they usually do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zelda is kind of the one title I would consider buying a Switch on day one for.

Maybe they'll have that Mario game ready for launch instead.

avenlaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they launch with a Mario game (Mario Galaxy 3?!?) then I think its actually a good move to delay it. They'll be able to polish it even more, maybe add things they left out orginally and allow people to have something to look forward too later in the year. If both Zelda and Mario releases on Launch day, it'll be a great launch, but the rest of the year won't look so good in First Party games, which is why you get a Nintendo.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I would be surprised if Zelda was delayed, considering how much we've seen, but even more surprised by a Day 1 Mario. That said, having both at launch does seem like overkill.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As long as they have either Zelda or Mario day one I don't see a problem with delaying the other. If they release with neither then I have to start wondering why I would want it at launch. It might even be good if they push one later into the year to give the rest of the year something more exciting.

Avatar image for deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154
    deactivated-58a3c9b2cc154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better they delay it and release a game they're satisfied with.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WynnDuffy

They should be pulling out all the stops to get a great launch lineup to build an install base, maybe this time third parties won't check out after a month...

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alternatively, they could just delay the Switch launch and mange to have Zelda hit at launch.

Zelda in October, with a new Mario in November, would be a killer one two punch,especially if that $250 rumor price is true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.