Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

The Birdman who landed on Eventide Island, has now beat Ganon with arrows... from Great Plateau.

HarbinLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have to say, a lot of games are missing mechanics this robust. I wish I could do this in, say, any MMORPG at all. Even "Action combat" MMOs like Tera, Blade & Soul, and Black Desert, don't feature anything like this.

Or even in a JRPG, this would be great. But I can't think of a single JRPG that let's you do this. Much as I like JRPGs and MMORPGs, I can't think of a single game in either genre with this good of bow mechanics.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a fun novelty but also I totally understand why more games wouldn't do things like because it is deeply silly and unnecessary for the extra work that is probably involved.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I mean, it's interesting that you can make those shots from that distance, but it seems like a happy fluke more than anything intentional.

Apparently the game tracks projectiles that far, but all other projectile weapons in the game have projectile drop due to gravity, and once most projectiles land I'm pretty sure they despawn once they're a certain distance from Link. Similarly, most normal enemies in the game despawn once they're a certain distance from Link, but evidently Ganon breaks that rule and/or you're not supposed to ever be that far from him but there's some kind of glitch that lets you leave the boss fight boundary.

So yeah, it's cool that it works, but it only works with that one weapon against that one boss because the final boss fight is probably scripted in such a way that it doesn't have anything to despawn Ganon even if you get absurdly far away. It otherwise isn't a game about making absurdly long sniper shots; if anything, it's quite the opposite. All the bows in Breath of the Wild have incredibly short range except for two low-damage-but-long-range bows (and the special boss-fight-only bow in that Youtube video), and it seems like the main intended use for bows is sneaking up on dudes and headshotting them from 20 feet away, or pulling a bow out mid-air for cool slow-mo and then again headshotting enemies from 20 feet away but this time you're in the air.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.