Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Will Your Breath Go Into A Golden Zelda Cartridge Again?

Skinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skinky

As you may already know, back in May this year rumours were going around saying that Nintendo would be returning to cartridge software with Nintendo NX, something that was largely taken with some sceptism by most.

Then last week or so, Gamestop's CEO confirmed to investors Nintendo's NX would have physical based media, alleviating any fears that wouldn't be the case with NX. He told investors the company was naturally happy about the revenue it would bring in pre-owned sales. He was then asked whether this would include cartridges, to which he replied by saying, he didn't know, but that if Nintendo did return to carts with NX, the company would be even happier, as they are easier to refurbish when necessary.

Now a Neogaf user by the name of Atheerios has noticed some interesting wording in the US trademark for the game.

In the goods and services category it lists 'video game cartridges' and 'video game memory cards':

Downloadable electronic game programs; downloadable electronic video game software; electronic game programs; electronic game software; video game cartridges; video game discs; video game memory cards; video game programs; video game software

If you check listings for Wii U games, they only list discs and downloadable methods.

Naturally, sometimes these listings cover bases like placeholders.

Could we see a return of the Zelda golden cart?.

How would you feel about a return to carts?

Smaller, cheaper to develop, and you can blow on them as often as you like. I for one am happy if this is true, I love carts!. Just hope they are not too big, but still have a decently sized flat area for artwork.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1238179

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ATastySlurpee

It'll be interesting to see how things pan out for the NX. Especially since digital seems to be the way a lot of people prefer games now.( I still like the physical copy)

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By paulmako

Hey man parts of this post seem to be incredibly similar to this post from Nintendo Life:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/trademark_listing_adds_fuel_to_talk_of_nintendo_nx_using_cartridges

If you're going to modify someone else's article at least post a link! The best thing to do is link the article up front so we can all read it from the source and then add your own additional discussion underneath.

With regards to cartridges... Sure? As long as they are tiny. I think it's probably better to think of them as SD cards. We're not going to get SNES style carts sadly.

Leeftie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect! I passed on the current gen because the xbox and ps4 just feel like PC's with less options. Maybe the NX is the real console experience I'm craving for. PC for casually playing overwatch while I should be getting work done. And having a beautiful displayable NX collection for exciting games that dangerously destructured my life like they used to.

Also the cards can just look like amibo's now... DO IT!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.