Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Zelda BoTW UI

RLFiredancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi, everyone, I don't mean to sound like an old, ridiculous bastard here, but I'm having a hell of a time deciphering some of the basic elements in the game's UI; mainly, I'm not understanding what numbers are representing my overall Armor rating, Weapon Power, Weapon Durability, etc.

For example, I will pick up a weapon that says something like 20 --> 20. Sometimes the two numbers will be different. What in the hell values is this referring to? Also, where do I find the value representing my current Armor rating?

Granted, I've been playing the game in fits and starts when my daughter takes naps, so hopefully that accounts for some of my confusion (in addition to getting old).

Any help the community could give me would be bad ass.

Peace.

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know if there's an over all rating number for the armor your wearing. as for your example it is comparing the weapon damage of the one you have currently equipped to the one you're picking up, your using a 22 damage sword and find a spear that's 18 then: 22 -->18. or in reverse holding a 18 spear picking up a 22 sword: 18 --> 22.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The two numbers are comparing the thing you're looking at with the thing you currently have equipped. Left number is old. Right number is new.

The ones with little pictures next to them mean they have some type of special ability.

No durability numbers.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Armour ratings are on every piece of armour, on the lower right hand corner of the armour's picture. As for the armour total, the description of the armour will give you two numbers, the first is your current defensive rating, and the second number is what you rating will be if you equip the armour you at looking at.

Hope that helps.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I'll explain it using the following image:

No Caption Provided

On the left half of the screen we see all of this player's armor. The number in the bottom right of the thumbnail for each piece of armor indicates the defense value for that individual piece. As you can see by the highlighted armor pieces, this player is wearing a head piece with 3 defense, trousers with 2 defense, and a chest piece with 3 defense for a total of 8 defense.

As you can see on the right side of the screen, the player is highlighting the chest armor, and the number 8 next to the shirt icon represents the total defense rating of everything Link's wearing.

If this player were to highlight the chest armor in their inventory with only 2 defense, you'd see the total defense display indicate the loss of 1 defense by showing "8->7"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.