Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 03, 2017

The first HD installment of the Zelda series developed for the Wii U and Nintendo Switch that returns to the open-world design of the original NES title, with a focus on free exploration of a large scale environment as well as dangerous enemies.

Zelda U's map

GeoffPeterson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeoffPeterson1

I'm cautiously optimistic about this what guarantee do we have the this map is full of worthwhile things to see and do? and not just miles and miles of copy pasted ruins and forests I'd hate to see Zelda fall into the trap of quantity of over quality that some western open world games have fallen into

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't really care as long as there are still excellent puzzles/dungeons. That said, I was never huge on sailing around the ocean in Wind Waker (mostly on the gamecube) so a big open world with little in it other than annoying enemies as you make your way from point a to b doesn't exactly sound appealing.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think that if they fill it with collectibles and side crap, that'd be worse. Give me villagers, Gorons, etc. that are inhabiting the world that I can talk to. But don't give me filler. I just want a huge overworld that feels lived in where I can stumble upon dungeons and caves and things.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Punctuation is a beautiful thing.

hylian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From link to the x is 5 minutes

No Caption Provided

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that if they fill it with collectibles and side crap, that'd be worse. Give me villagers, Gorons, etc. that are inhabiting the world that I can talk to. But don't give me filler. I just want a huge overworld that feels lived in where I can stumble upon dungeons and caves and things.

Gotta agree with this. The worst way this could go is if we ended up with a map cluttered with icons like Assassin's Creed.

Not every part of the world has to lead to some kind of quest or activity. Make it look convincingly alive and that's enough.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

i wish i trusted that they knew what to do with the concepts theyre working with here.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's just hope it's not actually called Zelda U when it comes out.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

With the information available about the game, there's not really a lot to say about it except "yeah, I hope they execute on it well!"

It's nothing but a lot of potential, and I can't wait to hear more about it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.