Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 27, 2000

The follow-up to Ocarina of Time sees the series stalwart Link embark on a journey to save the land of Termina from being crushed by the moon in three days. To defeat the Skull Kid, Link has to live the same three days over and over again.

Link helped a lot of people... Right?

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SexyToad

So here what confuses me in Majora's Mask. Throughout the game Link did several things to help the people of Termina. Such as helping that old woman who got robbed, reuniting the two lovers (Anju and Kafei), helping Pamela and her father (The dad was a mummy or something.), etc. The thing is Link never did those things. Well he did, but he went back in time and undid those stuff. (following me?) So when Link finally beats Majora there are some people who aren't helped at all. But some of you might say well Majora had curses and some. Well he did. So it makes sense that once hes defeated Kafei will become back to normal. But that woman still got robbed, Romani still got abducted by aliens, the Zora's egg still got stolen, and Kafei's mask got stolen as well! So in the end Link didn't help everyone. Basically all he did was stop Majora from crashing the moon. Which is still a good thing, but not good things.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Actually, if I remember correctly, Kafei doesn't appear in the ending, presumably because he was stuck in that form.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

I honestly never considered this. Well played.

I guess while the old lady might still be robbed and the Zoras might be still missing and egg, everyone gets to keep on living, and that's really the greatest gift he could have given.

Nevertheless, it's a bit of a downer.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SexyToad

@Video_Game_King: In the end they show Anju in a wedding dress. Also I'm pretty sure Kafei was stuck in that form because Majora cursed him. So I would assume the curse was broken once Majora was defeated.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

Umm he saved them all from being DEAD. Or am I reading that stopping the moon from hitting the Earth doesn't help anyone. Correct me if I am wrong, I still need to beat the damn game, fucking water temple.....

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SexyToad

@Nightriff: Lulu lost her babies. For her it doesn't matter one way or the other. She couldn't care less if the moon crashed or not.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@SexyToad:

Was it Majora who cursed him? I thought it was just a generic curse.

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aelric

I remember trying to get as much stuff done in the final run of three days as I could, waiting until the last minute to fight Majora. Don't remember details, though, and I forget if you go back in time again anyway. I do seem to recall Kafei and Anju's wedding, but I could just be remembering the dress. Still, great game, played it like three times back in the day, never understood the hate on it.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SexyToad

@Video_Game_King: Yea, I think so.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By FateOfNever

I would argue that we don't know that he doesn't help those people afterwords though. He already knows everything that's gone wrong, or is going to go wrong, so for all we know, after he saves the region (and in theory the world) from the falling moon, do we know that he doesn't just run about and finish cleaning things up and helping people? It's been a long time since I played that game and saw the end, so, if there is evidence that suggests he just moves on and doesn't do anything to help with all the problems that are left, then you have a point. Otherwise, that's my argument.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SexyToad

Bam! In the end it shows Link just leaves on the 4th day. Also that girl got abducted before hand so she's screwed.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By nightriff

@SexyToad said:

@Nightriff: Lulu lost her babies. For her it doesn't matter one way or the other. She couldn't care less if the moon crashed or not.

So you should be able to play AFTER you beat the game, the catch is you have the 3 days to help out everyone you can, so pick and choose? Sounds pretty cool to me

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Hunter5024

I have thought about this exact thing before Sexy Toad, and that's why my obsessive compulsive ass always goes and does all of the favors for them while I'm waiting for the final day as I'm about to beat the game.

kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kevino13

I always imagined that after you stop Majora, weird time paradox shit happens that collapses all the alternate timelines into one where link helped all the people you did the quest for, as impossible as that actually is aside. It's just a weird theory that I had as a kid, and stuck with me since then.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SexyToad

@Nightriff said:

@SexyToad said:

So you should be able to play AFTER you beat the game, the catch is you have the 3 days to help out everyone you can, so pick and choose? Sounds pretty cool to me

How do you decide who's worthy or not?!

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NekuCTR

I think it just assumes you did it all before going to the end. It's entirely possible to do it all, and makes for a triumphant moment. If the game was released now it would probably have a dynamic ending, but back in the N64 days that was a lot to ask of a game.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By foggel

Damn. All that for nothing. It's the thought that counts?

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Superkenon

No one to blame but yourselves, you fiends! You, the players, chose not to help everyone again after the final reset!!! The things left undone are of your own accord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually always wondered if it's possible to do every one of the requests in a single 3-day span. It'd definitely be running it tight in some instances... though I want to say there might be a conflict or two. Either way, I think it'd be fun to try and help as many people as you can before fighting the last boss. THE TRUE END?

This is one of the most hilarious things about Majora's Mask though. It's borderline 'dark humor', which is appropriate given much of what happens in the game. No matter what you do, it's really not that happy of an ending. The skull kid still killed (at least) three people. Darunia, Mikau, and that Deku minister's son are gone forever!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.