Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Apr 27, 2000

The follow-up to Ocarina of Time sees the series stalwart Link embark on a journey to save the land of Termina from being crushed by the moon in three days. To defeat the Skull Kid, Link has to live the same three days over and over again.

Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

I've been keeping this inside of me since I finished this game in the good old year 2000. 9 Years ago. Majora's Mask is the greatest video game ever made. I have never again experienced such atmosphere in a game that rivaled what I felt as an 11 year old boy playing Majoras Mask. I remember playing the game straight through the entire evening I purchased it until I look over at my clock, seeing it was 4 in the morning. I stopped as I Stepped into the Goron mountain area.

I feel like screaming it to the world, this game is the greatest work of art I've ever had the joy of experiencing.

Avatar image for porcelain_snake
    Porcelain_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Porcelain_Snake

@DriveupLife: 

i cant say its my favourite of all time, planescape torment takes that honor for me, but this game has an atmosphere of dread like none other. and the feeling you get when you heal the tortured souls that exist within it is beyond gratifying.    

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By slax

I would really like to go back and try this game, because 11 year old me could not beat it. This seems to be a pretty polarizing game when it comes to the Zelda series though.

NynJah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NynJah

I've tried to play it again but got bored with it extremely fast. I'm more of a Link to the Past kind of guy, but I'm glad there are people out there who enjoy it more than I did.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chuggsy

Never played it for whatever reason, but I doubt it could top my lifelong experience with OOT. Me and my sister still play that game when she comes back from college.

Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Noodles

I freaking love Majora's Mask. Whip out your expansion pack with me and lets play!

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By moelarrycurly

I beat it, and didn't really enjoy it that much compared the more "normal" Zeldas e.g. ALttP, OoT, and TP.

Avatar image for porcelain_snake
    Porcelain_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Porcelain_Snake
    @moelarrycurly:
    majoras mask is about as un-zelda a zelda game can be. which is why its so goddamn awesome.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Whisperkill

Same, its my favorite game of all time, and it really defines my gaming tastes. 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By luce

It's my personal favorite Zelda game =D

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Icil

Ah, I got that same love for Morrowind. I feel like there's two kinds of enjoyment I get from games: immersion and entertainment. We get the second one more these days, but the most memorable games I've ever played had immersion and awe. Reminds me of how video games are the space between books and movies.

In Morrowind, I walked out of the first village and suddenly my character was me. I was living this guy's life. I walked everywhere, in awe of the world every step of the way (back when stamina only recovered on walking, the way it should be).

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Famov

That game freaked me out back in the day, when my friend and I first played through it. I've since replayed in in modern times and I understand why I liked it so much.

My favorite game of all time is pretty much the exact opposite of Majora's Mask (that being Star Fox 64), but it is one of my preferred Zelda titles nonetheless.

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Rockdalf
    @Porcelain_Snake: Damn, Torment was a mighty fine game as well.
    DavidSnakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By DavidSnakes

This game is utterly magnificent.  The strides it makes in emotional investment and storytelling prowess are unmatched even 10 years later.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By Dovey

The design of the game, which was first off was un-zeldaesc and absolutely astonishing, how all those time events linked together was amazing.  This aspect was something that I completely overlooked when I played it as a 13 year old.  And even some of the mask collection had more satisfaction than the actual main quest and the main quest was by no mean unsatisfying.  It was one of those games that divided the audience, but love it or hate, it is a game you must play, and think to yourselves now that this game was created nearly 10 years ago.   Still value for money!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DriveupLife: I'll give you that. Its easily my favourite (or at last joint favourite) in the Zelda franchise, and so places itself pretty fucking firmly near the top of my all-time list. 

I think it was helped by how rich the world seemed, and whever you accomplished a side mission, or otherwise, it really felt like you made an impact. Add to that some of the best game mechanics of the series and a wonderful story and the result is a beautiful thing.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By spankingaddict

cant argue with, LOZ MM in a fantasist game! my all time favorite game is LOZ Wind Waker... 

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 131

User Lists: 34

#18  Edited By Junior_AIN

This is not my number one favorite game of all time, but sure as hell it's one of my favorites.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

I don't understand at all why people like this game. I bought it day 1 and immediately regretted it. Don't say I didn't get it or I suck at the game, just wasn't my cup of tea. 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By CornontheCobbe

It's my favorite Zelda game out of them all.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FierceDeity
    I feel the same exact way. Majora's Mask is my favorite game to date., and I actually played through Ocarina of Time before playing it too. I can't really put into words just why I liked it so much though. Perhaps one reason I liked it was because of the unique atmosphere the game had. So much about the game gave off a feeling of foreboding, what with that moon overhead at all times.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Deusoma
    @DriveupLife: 
    Holy crap, someone else with my opinion! I loved that game in a way I've never loved a video game since. If Ocarina of Time was a 10/10, than Majora's Mask was a 12, and I'm glad to find someone else who agrees.

...So this is what it's like when doves cry.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PillClinton

It's indeed a classic, but I still cherish OoT more.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RE_Player1

People who like Majora's Mask are bad people

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.