Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

How long?

excido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By excido

I've never played this game before but I played the first 5-10 hours of twilight princess, and of course the original Zelda on NES, and a link to the past. Since I never owned an N64 I never played this game though and decided to pick it up now that I have a 3DS but I'm in the deku tree(still the very beginning) and basically having a hard time getting myself to keep playing. How long did you play before you hit that moment where you just couldn't stop coming back? I want to love this game and I know i'm not far in to it at all yet but i'm just having a hard time getting in to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I adored it from the get-go, but it probably reached a crescendo upon completing Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

If it hasn't grabbed you by then, you've successfully turned a cold, callous shoulder to one of the greatest games of all time.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Timing

It's nowhere near as long as Twilight Princess but it arguably definitely makes up for that in quality. If you're not hooked at a certain point after beating the first three dungeons (you'll know when) you probably won't ever be though.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aus_azn

@GetEveryone said:

I adored it from the get-go, but it probably reached a crescendo upon completing Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

If it hasn't grabbed you by then, you've successfully turned a cold, callous shoulder to one of the greatest games of all time.

Cold shoulder successfully turned, then. I only played through Adult Link's timeline because my friends badgered me to. I only felt compelled to complete the game after I did the Water Temple. I did not like OoT that much, unlike Majora's Mask.

@Timing said:

It's nowhere near as long as Twilight Princess but it arguably definitely makes up for that in quality. If you're not hooked at a certain point after beating the first three dungeons (you'll know when) you probably won't ever be though.

This, I definitely agree with.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BionicRadd

I love Zelda on NES. none of the 3D incarnations did anything for me. I got to Water Temple in OOT and turned into a dog in TP, but never finished either

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Ocarina, it was after beating the first dungeon (the Deku Tree,) leaving the forest, and walking out into the open world for the first time that I remember being hooked. That was a different time, though. I highly doubt that would have nearly the same impact to a new player today.

The Deku Tree dungeon is incredibly simple, though. At least do some of Dodongo Cavern (the second dungeon) before you write it off completely.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

I loved it from the first minute back in 1998. That's of course easy to say if that's one of your first 3D experiences and you approach the whole idea of Zelda in the third dimension and the scale of things with wonder and pure eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.