Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Nov 21, 1998

The first 3D Legend of Zelda game, Ocarina of Time was created for the Nintendo 64 in 1998 and introduced innovative mechanics such as Z-targeting as well as many of the series' other trademarks. It has frequently been ranked as the greatest game of all time by many publications.

This game is looking pretty good.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

A new batch of screenshots for Ocarina of Time 3D was released today.  As classic as the game is, it's hard to deny that the original N64 game is pretty hard on the eyes these days, so it's nice to see that the graphics are being given as much of an upgrade as they are.  That being said, one of the screenshots also left me with some good old PSTD flashbacks:

So much easier on the eyes, yet so much sadness and rage.
     So much easier on the eyes, yet so much sadness and rage.

Then again, if what Nintendo has said is true, the new controls should hopefully make the Water Temple easier to navigate, even if it still proves to be the Zelda Dungeon from Hell.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I don't get why people hated the Water Temple so much. I thought it was fine! 

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I don't get why people hated the Water Temple so much. I thought it was fine!  "
    I was just annoyed with all the Iron Boots switching. Then I fought Dark Link and all was forgiven. :)
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

The water temple is the prime example of nightmarish dungeon design in a Zelda game. Nonetheless, those screenshots are looking pretty good. I wouldn't mind PS2 quality graphics for one of the most important games of all time.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:
    " I don't get why people hated the Water Temple so much. I thought it was fine!  "
    I was just annoyed with all the Iron Boots switching. Then I fought Dark Link and all was forgiven. :) "
    That's funny, because I didn't mind the boot switching, but didn't like the fight against Dark Link. 
    dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By dungbootle
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    Yeah, I don't even remember using guides during it (back when I used those). If it is the boot-switching that people complain about, I didn't really mind it.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " @MooseyMcMan said:
    I was just annoyed with all the Iron Boots switching. Then I fought Dark Link and all was forgiven. :) "
    That's funny, because I didn't mind the boot switching, but didn't like the fight against Dark Link.  "
    Well, you can just get the fuck outta my face with that! I bet you wipe your ass with Link's Awakening DX cartridges because it feels good, don't you!?

Just kidding. Anyway, on topic, the game does look good and I only hope this is the icing on a much larger anniversary celebration cake. :)
    Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CaptainTightPants

I remember when I first saw some video of the gameplay, the smooth framerate surprised the hell out of me. 
    Have they talked at all about the release date?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.