Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Does this game get better?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
    deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just got done dowsing those Kiwi..whatever..creatures for that big kiwi...and got the slingshot. Its been atleast 2 1/2 hours now and its feeling rather tedious. I remember Twilight Princess picked up much faster and felt much more epic in scale.

So my question is, does this game pick up? is there a dark theme to this game like the infinitely awesome Twilight Realm? Im not feeling this game yet. I really hope it picks up and blows my mind.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jasta

From what Patrick said on one of the recent bombcasts it takes about 5 hours to get into the full swing of things.

Stick in there. =P

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Legend

Yes.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By benspyda

Nope, it's complete garbage.

Just kidding. Yea the bomb guys said that it takes quite a few hours to get interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jasta said:

From what Patrick said on one of the recent bombcasts it takes about 5 hours to get into the full swing of things.

Stick in there. =P

5 hours of tedious gameplay? Nintendo better step their shit up for the next gen....or just give all their Zelda and metroid projects to Retro.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

Yeah those parts are rather boring, but so were the monkey searching bits of Twilight Princess. I wouldn't say 5 hours, but it picks up once you enter the forest temple.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasta

All the people I've spoken  to who have completed the game said the same thing about it taking so long to pick up, but not one of them regretted seeing the game through to the end. You're right though, Vinny had the same complaints about it on last weeks podcast. There has to be a better, quicker way to introduce the mechanics to people who already know how to play a Zelda game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jasta said:

All the people I've spoken to who have completed the game said the same thing about it taking so long to pick up, but not one of them regretted seeing the game through to the end. You're right though, Vinny had the same complaints about it on last weeks podcast. There has to be a better, quicker way to introduce the mechanics to people who already know how to play a Zelda game.

This is reassuring. Thank you.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By GunstarRed

I feel like one of the few people that had no problem with how long it took to pick up. Possibly the novelty of being the first game I bought for my Wii or the mood I was in. As someone thats only ever used the Wii for a handful of hours playing Mario Galaxy on my sisters console a few years back I felt like all of the tutorial stuff was coming at the right pace. The game definitely does pick up though. There isn't really a dark theme or whatever though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good news...i love this game. Once you hit the first temple things start to open up. This game is really good, but not better than TP.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By DeF

Once you get the beetle it starts to get interesting. Slightly less "Hey, let me tell you about this thing called breathing. It helps you stay alive" And you finally have to switch on your brain for a few puzzles. Starting with the next area, it gets really cool.

But yes, it definitely takes too long and everybody talks way too much. But that's always the problem with Nintendo games that have a lot of text ... (bad flashbacks to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn...)

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Tireyo

@DeF said:

Once you get the beetle it starts to get interesting. Slightly less "Hey, let me tell you about this thing called breathing. It helps you stay alive" And you finally have to switch on your brain for a few puzzles. Starting with the next area, it gets really cool.

But yes, it definitely takes too long and everybody talks way too much. But that's always the problem with Nintendo games that have a lot of text ... (bad flashbacks to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn...)

I think compared to other games, Zelda is rather light on text. Other Nintendo games overdo it on the mono-logging. =-P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.